Who doesn’t love a Chick-fil-A nugget. Oh my gosh, I LOVE THEM! Anytime Eloise, my 5 year old gets a kids chicken nugget meal, I catch myself sneaking a nugget before handing her the bag. I feel guilty afterwards, but in the moment it’s so worth it. To remedy my love for these nuggets, I came up with my own Chick-fil-A Bites that is Whole30, Keto and Gluten Free.
What You Will Need For These Chick-fil-A Bites:
- Chicken breast, cut into chunks
- Pickle Juice
- Almond Flour
- Paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt
- Coconut Milk
- Coconut or Avocado Oil (for frying)
- Pickle Slices
Best Paleo Friendly Oil For Frying?
Anytime I fry food, I always use either coconut oil or avocado oil. These are both Paleo friendly and is best for high-heat. I usually always lean more towards coconut oil because it’s what I usually have on hand. Either will work great though.
By now, you probably know my deep loved for sauces. This Magic Sauce is really unique and you will find yourself putting it on everything. You can make the recipe Whole30 or you can make it Paleo by adding Monk Fruit or Maple Syrup to give it a little sweetness.
If you are looking to enjoy Chick-fil-A nuggets at home, be sure to give this recipe a try. Not only will they make your kids super happy, but they are also the perfect appetizer or party snack. Don’t forget the Magic Sauce! This stuff will legit change your life. If you have any leftover, this will last in the fridge for up to 1-week.Print
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup pickle juice
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp pickle juice
- 1 large eggs
- 1 tbsp canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup coconut or avocado oil (for frying)
- 1 cup pickle slices (for serving)
- Cut chicken into 1-inch chunks. Add chicken to a bowl with the 1 cup pickle juice and let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Beat eggs, coconut milk and tbsp of pickle juice in a shallow bowl, set aside.
- Mix almond flour and seasonings in a medium bowl
- Dip the chicken chunks into the egg mixture and transfer to the almond flour mixture, making sure to coat well. Place the coated chicken on a separate plate.
- Repeat this process until all chicken chunks are coated.
- Heat coconut oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat and cook 3 minutes per side. (Be careful not to crowd in the skillet. Cook in 2 batches if needed)
- For the sauce, add everything to a bowl and mix together until combined.
- Place the nuggets on toothpicks with pickle slices and serve with the Special Sauce.
- If you don’t want to fry, feel free to add these to a baking sheet in a 425F oven for 10-15 minutes.
- For the air fryer cook on 400F for 8-10 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through.
- If you need a sub for almond flour, use 1/3 cup coconut flour and 2 1/2 tbsp of arrowroot flour, mixed.
- The nutrition facts below is for chicken bites ONLY.
- Category: Entree/Appetizer
- Cuisine: DAIRY-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE, GRAIN-FREE, KETO, WHOLE30
- Calories: 477
- Sugar: 0.8
- Sodium: 721
- Fat: 26
- Carbohydrates: 3.4
- Protein: 35
Keywords: Chick-fil-A Nuggets, Copycat Chick-fil-A Nuggets, Whole30 Recipes, Keto Recipes