- 2 1/2 heads, fresh broccoli, cut into florets ( around 6 1/2 cups)
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese*
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 cup mayo OR plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons granulated Monk Fruit OR granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon lemon zests
- salt/pepper to taste
- Toast Sunflower Seed: Add a small skillet over medium heat. Add in the sunflower seed and cook until warm and toasted. About 3 minutes. Make sure to keep a close eye on them so they don’t burn.
- Make The Dressing: In a medium bowl add the mayo, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, monk fruit (or sugar), salt, and pepper. Whisk together until smooth. Add in the poppy seeds and mix together until combined.
- Assemble The Salad: In a large bowl, add the broccoli florets, cheddar cheese, craisins, toasted sunflower seeds, and cooked crumbled bacon. Pour the dressing over all of the ingredients and toss together with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Serve: Serve the salad immediately or for best results allow it to chill in the refrigerator at least 2 hours before serving.
- Homemade Mayo: Click here for my recipe
- Dairy-Free: Use either a vegan mayo or my homemade dairy-free mayo and swap out your favorite dairy-free cheese for the cheddar.
- Lighten It Up: Sub plain Greek yogurt for mayo
- Sugar Substitutes: For the sweetener feel free to use honey, monk fruit, coconut sugar, or regular granulated sugar.
- Dairy-Free Options- Use dairy-free cheddar cheese
- Let It Sit- Allow it to sit in the fridge 1-2 hours before serving. As it sits, it gets better and better.
- Storage: Store any leftovers in an airtight container for 4-5 days.
- Nutrition Facts: nutrition facts are calculated using monk fruit and NOT sugar.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Salad, Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: Broccoli Salad Recipe, Easy Broccoli Salad Recipe, Broccoli Salad Dressing