Jalapeno Popper Chicken Salad
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Jalapeno Popper Chicken Salad recipe is the perfect lunch, dinner, or appetizer. It’s filled with so much flavor and can be added over lettuce, on top of cucumbers, or stuffed in mini peppers for the perfect meal or snack. This recipe can be whipped up in no time at all and serves as an amazing meal prep option.
What Kind of Chicken To Use
- Rotisserie Chicken (I love buying mine at Sam’s Club)
- Boiled Chicken
- Canned Chicken
- Grilled or Baked Chicken
- Chicken Thighs
How To Serve
- Over lettuce with a tomato and pickle
- Wrapped in jicama wraps (available at Trader Joe’s or slice your own fresh)
- Stuffed in mini peppers
- Wrapped in a coconut wrap
- Gluten-Free Crackers (Not Keto or Whole30)
- On top of cucumber slices
- On a hamburger bun or bread of choice (Not Keto or Whole30)
Tips & Tricks
- Let it sit in the fridge overnight: Making sure to allow the chicken salad to sit between 3-24 hours makes a big difference in the taste. I always like making my salad the night before and allowing it to sit in the fridge overnight before serving. The flavors are incredible and serving it cold is best in my opinion.
- Homemade Mayo: Store-bought mayo is not my jam. Making mayo homemade is the only way I can eat it. My 60 second Mayo recipe is filled with super simple ingredients and doesn’t have any junk. Click here to grab the recipe.
- Crispy Bacon: If you are using this as meal prep, don’t add in the bacon. Add the crumbled cooked bacon to a separate Tupperware container. Before serving heat the bacon up and then add it to the top of the cold salad. This will ensure the bacon doesn’t get soggy as it sits in the fridge. Using it this way will give you that awesome crunch with every bite.
Want More Healthy Salad Recipes?
- Bacon Ranch Chicken Salad
- Chicken Cobb Salad
- Southern Chicken Salad
- Tuna Salad Stuffed Mini Peppers
- Vegan Chickpea Salad
Jalapeno Popper Chicken Salad
- 4 cups chopped chicken rotisserie, grilled, or baked
- 4 slices of cooked bacon chopped
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 1/3 cup chopped red onions
- 3 tbsp chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce I use Franks
- 2-3 diced jalapenos seeds removed
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Transfer the chopped chicken to a large mixing bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Mix with a large wooden spoon until combined and creamy.
- Place a lid on the mixing bowl and place in the fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight before serving. Serve with sliced cucumbers, over lettuce, or mini bell peppers.
- This can be stored for 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator safely in an air-tight Tupperware with a lid.
- For the chicken, you can boil, bake or grill chicken breast, use canned or even a rotisserie chicken from the store.
- Click here to grab my homemade mayo recipe.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.