Bacon Ranch Chicken Salad
This Bacon Ranch Chicken Salad recipe is easy to make and loaded with homemade ranch, bacon, onions, and tomatoes. Serve this salad over lettuce or on top of cucumbers. Only 2 NET carbs per serving! Whole30, Keto, and Paleo.
This Bacon Ranch Chicken Salad recipe is the perfect lunch, dinner, or appetizer. It’s filled with so much flavor and can be added over lettuce, on top of cucumbers, or stuffed in mini peppers for the perfect meal or snack. This recipe can be whipped up in no time at all and serves as an amazing meal prep option.
What Kind of Chicken To Use
- Rotisserie Chicken (I love buying mine at Sam’s Club)
- Boiled Chicken
- Canned Chicken
- Grilled or Baked Chicken
- Chicken Thighs
- Red Onion
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Green Onions
How To Serve
- Over lettuce with a tomato and pickle
- Stuffed in mini peppers
- Wrapped in a coconut wrap
- Gluten-Free Crackers (Not Keto or Whole30)
- On top of cucumber slices
Tips & Tricks For This Southern Style Chicken Salad
- Let it sit in the fridge overnight: Making sure to allow the chicken salad to sit between 3-24 hours makes a big difference in the taste. I always like making my salad the night before and allowing it to sit in the fridge overnight before serving. The flavors are incredible and serving it cold is best in my opinion.
- Homemade Mayo: Store-bought mayo is not my jam. Making mayo homemade is the only way I can eat it. My 60 second Mayo recipe is filled with super simple ingredients and doesn’t have any junk. Click here to grab the recipe.
- Homemade Ranch Dressing: Make your own ranch dressing. Homemade is so much better and you know exactly what ingredients are in there. I have two different recipes on my blog, a buttermilk seasoning that you can turn into a dressing and a Whole30 ranch dressing.
Want More Healthy Salad Recipes?Print
- 4 cups chopped chicken (rotisserie, grilled or baked)
- 4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 3/4 cups ranch dressing
- 1/3 cup chopped red onions
- 3 tbsp chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- salt/pepper to taste
- Transfer the chopped chicken to a large mixing bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Mix with a large wooden spoon until combined and creamy.
- Place a lid on the mixing bowl and place in the fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight before serving. Serve with sliced cucumbers, over lettuce, or mini bell peppers.
- I have two ranch dressing recipes on my blog. One is a ranch seasoning that is made with buttermilk and can be turned into a dressing or I have a Whole30 ranch recipe.
- This can be stored for 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator safely in an air-tight Tupperware with a lid.
- For the chicken, you can boil, bake or grill chicken breast, use canned or even a rotisserie chicken from the store.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Dish/Salad
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: bacon ranch chicken salad, chicken salad, salad
Welcome to Healthy Little Peach. I’m Mac, the lady behind the recipes. I believe in living a healthy lifestyle that consists of a mix of healthy whole foods, and full-fat comfort meals. Life is too short not to enjoy good food while maintaining a healthy body and mind. Here you will find gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, keto, and even full-fat comfort recipes. Let’s have fun in the kitchen together!