Vegan Chickpea Salad (Quick + Easy)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Vegan Chickpea Salad
This Vegan Chickpea Salad is such a refreshing and filling recipe. It is filled with all kinds of goodness and is even better once it has sat in the fridge overnight. This is a great sub for tuna fish if you are vegan. This recipe will even knock your socks off if you aren’t vegan.
Ingredients in This Vegan Chickpea Salad
What’s so awesome about this Vegan Chickpea Salad is how versatile it is. If there are ingredients listed that you don’t like, simply substitute your favorites. This salad is a bit savory and sweet with cranberries. However, if you are not a cranberry fan, you can sub-sliced red grapes. Below are the ingredients included in my recipe.
- Fresh dill
- Lemon juice
- Unsweetened cranberries
- Green onions
- Red Onions
- Vegan mayo
What is Carbonaut Bread?
- Carbonaut is a family-owned company on a mission to bring you low-carb bread that tastes as it came from the corner bakery.
- They deliver a superior taste and texture to ensure you can enjoy low-carb bread without compromise.
- BRAND NEW: They just dropped a new gluten-free keto bread that is incredible. Usually, gluten-free bread is tiny, but Carbonaut has large slices and the taste is out of this world!
- Their gluten-free breads have only 1 gram of net carb per serving, no more than 50 calories, and 13-14 grams of fiber.
- This bread is Gluten Free, Keto-Certified, Non-GMO Project Verified, and 100% plant-based.
- They currently offer two-three varieties of gluten-free bread: Cinnamon Raisin, a Seeded, and a White Bread.
Read more here about how and why this bread is lower in carbs.
Where Can You Buy Carbonaut?
- The new gluten-free loaves are available at Whole Foods and Sprouts nationwide. They will be available online at Amazon.com and TheOvenDoor.co by the middle of July.
Storage and Serving
This salad is great to make ahead of time. If you are making this for meal prep or in advance for a picnic, simply store it in an airtight container, and pop it in the fridge. It will stay fresh for you for 4 days.
This salad serves great as a sandwich filler or straight out of the bowl with a spoon. I also love adding it on top of a veggie-filled salad or stuffing it in a butter lettuce leaf.
Want More Healthy Recipes?Print
Vegan Chickpea Salad (Quick + Easy)
An easy make-ahead Vegan Chickpea Salad that is perfect by itself, in a lettuce wrap or on bread. It’s filled with onions, vegan mayo, Dijon mustard, salt/pepper, cranberries, pecans, lemon juice, and fresh dill.
- Total Time: 43 minute
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegan mayo
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons dried unsweetened cranberries
- 2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Salt/pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, add the drained chickpeas. Mash the chickpeas with a potato masher or fork to your liking.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well with a large spoon.
- Season with salt and pepper and adjust to your liking.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Store in refrigerator for 4 days
- I love serving this on Carbonaut Gluten-Free bread.
- For vegan mayo, I love the Follow Your Heart brand.
- If you are not vegan and looking for a yummy homemade mayo recipe, click here.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: No Cook
- Category: Lunch/Salad
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: Chickpea Salad, Vegan, Salad, Lunch, Healthy
This is actually really tasty. I might chop up some celery next time but the flavor is really good!
Love the idea of adding celery. I’m glad you enjoyed it!