12 ounces pre-cooked chicken sausage cut into 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch slices ( I love using Chicken Apple Sausage)
1 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
1 tbsp ghee
2 small cloves garlic, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
1 small onion, sliced
8 oz mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
Chili Lime Sauce for drizzle
Red pepper flakes for garnish (optional)
- Heat ghee in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once ghee is hot, add the onion slices and minced garlic. Cook for a 2-3 minutes.
- Add brussels sprouts, stir, and cook for another 3 minutes covered with a lid
- Transfer the sliced mushrooms and sausage to the skillet and continue to cook uncovered, stirring, until mushrooms are cooked and sausage is browned, about 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile,in a wide mouth jar, mix together the chili lime sauce. Click here for the recipe.
- Place stir fry in a bowl and drizzle with my Chili Lime sauce and sprinkle with red pepper flakes. You can also add a fried egg on top for additional flavor.
- If you are not a fan of chicken apple sausage, feel free to use kielbasa, sliced instead.
- For a more hearty meal, feel free to add a fried egg over each serving.
- This is a great meal prep option. Make a big batch and portion out into glass containers. Store the sauce separate and add on the stir fry once re-heated.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main Meal/Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Sausage Stir Fry, One Skillet Meals, Quick Meals, Sausage Skillets, Whole30, Keto, Paleo