Asian Paleo and Whole30 is something that I crave on a weekly basis. My goal is always trying to build recipes that are both healthy, yet flavorful. This Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry Bowls is 5 stars and way better than takeout and is Whole30, Keto and Paleo compliant. It doesn’t get much better than that!
The teriyaki sauce that I use in this recipe is pretty darn perfect. Sometimes when cooking Keto, Paleo and Whole30, it can be hard to get a teriyaki sauce that is a sticky consistency. Not only is this sauce super sticky, but it also has zero sugar. That’s right, there is nothing sweet added!
Both the chicken and sauce is super easy and quick to make. For the sauce, I simply add all the ingredients except the tapioca flour to a saucepan and heat until it is a soft boil. Next I add a the tapioca flour dissolved in water and cook in for another 2 minutes or until the sauce becomes thick. As far as the chicken, you can boil, bake or grill. I love grilled mine or frying in a saucepan.
To finish, I chop the chicken up and add to a large mixing bowl along with the teriyaki sauce and combine together with a spoon. To complete this healthy yet delicious bowl, I add some steamed cauliflower rice to a bowl along with some sauted stir fry veggies.
Can I use this Chicken Teriyaki Bowl for meal prep?
100% YES! I love making this for meal prep. In my opinion, this meal becomes better as it sits in the fridge. For me, I just mix it all together and add it to my glass Tupperware. This will stay good in the fridge for up to a week and can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
What do I do if my teriyaki sauce doesn’t get thick?
It is IMPORTANT to always dissolve either the tapioca flour or arrowroot flour in water to get a really thick yet smooth sauce. In addition, it will take 2 minutes or so to thicken over medium heat. As it warms, it will begin to thicken.
Click on the photo below to save this recipe to your Pinterest Board
Shop My Post
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out my other favorites below:Print
This Chicken Teriyaki Stir Fry Bowls taste better than takeout. It is filled with cauliflower rice, hearty veggies and chicken smothered in teriyaki sauce. It is also Whole30, Keto and Paleo compliant.
- 4– (4-6 oz) chicken breast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini (sliced)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 8 oz bag snapped peas
- 1/2 large yellow onion (sliced)
- 2 (12 oz) bags cauliflower rice
- 2 tsp sesame seed oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- sesame seeds & green onions (for garnish)
Chicken and Veggies
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat along with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add the chicken breast seasoned with a little salt and pepper and cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature hits 165F.
- Remove and place the chicken breast to the side and cover with aluminium foil to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, clean and prepare the, zucchini, carrots, snapped peas and onions.
- In the same skillet, add 2 tsp of sesame seed oil and heat over medium heat. Add all the veggies and combine together with a wooden spoon and cook until tender, 4-5minutes.
- Cook the cauliflower rice as directed on the packaging.
- Remove the chicken from the foil and cut into cubes using a knife. Transfer the cubed chicken into a large bowl. Slowly pour the teriyaki sauce over the chicken and combine using a spoon.
- Build the bowls by adding the cauliflower rice to the bottom of the bowl and top with the chicken and veggies. Garnish with sesame seeds and and green onions. Enjoy!
- Add in the coconut aminos, sesame seed oil, orange and pineapple juice, garlic and ground ginger to a saucepan over medium heat. Mix together with a spoon until combined.
- Once the mixture comes to a slow boil add in the tapioca dissolved in water and combine. Turn heat to low. As it continues to heat the sauce will become thicker. Once thick, remove from heat.
*For Keto remove all fruit juices and sub using Monk Fruit Syrup.
- Category: Main Dish