Tomato & Sausage Frittata
Saturdays are meant for sleeping in and eating good food. I usually get up every Saturday morning while my husband and little girl are still snuggled up in bed and wake them up with the delicious smell of bacon coming from the kitchen. Bacon is my husbands love language and will usually make him jump out of bed with a curiosity of what his lovely wife is cooking up. Aren’t men easy? Give them a couple slices of bacon and they are happy as a peach. You at least gotta buy me a couple pair of shoes and a new purse to make me that happy, am I right ladies?Breakfast is one of my favorite meals and I love creating dishes that are both easy and delicious. This frittata is filled with sausage, prosciutto, onions, chopped spinach, and tomatoes. It looks like a pizza and taste like heaven. This recipe can be made into a clean eating, Whole 30 or Paleo version depending on your dietary needs. I opted to add a little bit of dairy-free almond cheese to my slice to give it a little extra flavor and it did not disappoint. My husband went for the clean eating version and added some plain greek yogurt. For a Whole 30 or Paleo version, just omit the cheese and greek yogurt and you are all set.Frittatas are so versatile and can be used as a meal prep option for either breakfast or lunch during the week. In my opinion, the longer frittatas sit the better they taste. Throw your extra slices in some Tupperware, add some salsa on top and you should be prepared for a few meals during the week ahead. I am all about saving time and making life easy and this recipe does the trick. Enjoy, sweet friends!
- 9 large eggs (organic)
- 2 roma tomoates
- 1lb ground sausage
- 3 slices proscuitto (chopped)
- 1 cup fresh spinach (chopped finley)
- 1/2 large sweet onion (diced)
- green onions
- salt and pepepr to taste
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Coat your cast iron skillet with olive oil cooking spray and brown your sausage and onions.
- Chop up a few slices of prosciutto and add to the pan along with your chopped spinach.
- Once all the ingredients are cooked together, top your mixture with thinly sliced tomatoes. (Just like you would add pepperonis onto a pizza)
- Whisk your eggs in a medium bowl until blended together evenly.
- Add the egg mixture over the top of the sausage and tomatoes.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven to bake for 30-35 minutes, or until crispy on the top.
- Top with green onions and other toppings of choice.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Pork
Welcome to Healthy Little Peach. I’m Mac, the lady behind the recipes. I believe in living a healthy lifestyle that consists of a mix of healthy whole foods, and full-fat comfort meals. Life is too short not to enjoy good food while maintaining a healthy body and mind. Here you will find gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, keto, and even full-fat comfort recipes. Let’s have fun in the kitchen together!