Tomato Hasselback Caprese Salad
If you are wanting to take your salad game up a notch, give my Tomato Hasselback Caprese Salad a try. Not only are they so adorable, but they are exploding with flavor. Serve these hot or cold. They make for the perfect appetizer or keto side dish. In addition, they are kid-friendly and will please everyone around the table.
Serve This Salad Hot or Cold
This salad can be served hot or cold. If I’m m serving as an appetizer, I like serving them cold. However, if I’m serving as a side dish with chicken or steak, I love serving them hot. If you pop them in the oven at 400F for 30 minutes, they will blow your mind. The mozzarella cheese gets melty and the tomato is nice and tender. Both ways are great, but warm is hands down my favorite.
What To Pair This Salad With?
This Tomato Hasselback Caprese Salad can be served in many different ways. If you are having over guests, serve these cold beside a beautiful charcuterie board. If you are wanting to have a filling and flavorful side dish that pairs great with wine, serve it warm. Below are my favorite pairings for this salad.
- Pork Chops
- Chicken breast
- On top of zoodles or even pasta if not keto
In conclusion, if you are looking for something different and not boring, give this salad a try. It’s perfect on a hot summer day or a cozy fall night. Everyone around the table will enjoy this, even the kiddos. Both my 3 and 6 year-old love this recipe paired with pasta noodles. It’s so versatile and isn’t just another boring salad.
Shop My Tomato Hasselback Caprese Salad
Want More Healthy Recipes?
- Mediterranean Greek Salad
- Bacon Ranch Cauliflower & Broccoli Salad
- Southern Green Beans
- Fresh Homemade Salsa
A creative and fun way to serve caprese salad. Hasselback tomatoes stuffed with pesto, mozzarella, fresh basil and topped with balsamic glaze, salt, and pepper. The perfect keto appetizer or side dish that can be served hot or cold.
- 3 Roma tomatoes
- 1 mozzarella ball, sliced in 1 cm slices cut in half
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 9 fresh basil leaves
- salt/pepper to taste
- olive oil and balsamic reduction for drizzle
- Makes 3 slices in the tomatoes making sure that you do not cut all the way through. Place some pesto into each slice of the tomato along with a half mozzarella slice and fresh basil leaf. Repeat until all the slices are filled.
- Drizzle each of the tomatoes with olive oil and balsamic reduction drizzle and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately cold or bake in a 400F oven for 30-35 minutes.
- This salad is amazing served hot or cold.
- Can be served as a cold appetizer or hot side dish with protein of choice.
- Category: Appetizer/Side Dish
- Method: No Cook/Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Caprese Salad, Tomato Hasselback, Keto Recipes, Appetizer, Keto Side Dish