- 2 pounds cooked shredded pulled pork
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cans (15 oz) diced tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 yellow or white onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons Frank’s Hot Sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce (no sugar added)
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pep
- 1 teaspoon crushed red peppers (options, for more spice)
- Dairy-free sour cream*
- Sliced jalapenoes
- Fresh cilantro
- In a large dutch oven over medium/high heat add the olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the onion and garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Stir often.
- Add in the broth, canned tomatoes (with liquid), tomato paste,lime juice/zest, and seasoning. Stir together until combined. Add in the shredded pulled pork. Bring to a simmer.
- Next, you can either let simmer for 25-30 minutes on the stove or you can do the step below for a yummy smoky flavor. If you do not have smoker, feel free to add 1/ teaspoon liquid smoke to the chili.
- Optional Step: This step will give it a great smoky flavor. Set Traeger temperature to 350℉ and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes.Place the Dutch oven directly on the grill grate and cook for 45-60 minutes, adding beef broth as needed.
- For even more smoky flavor, reduce the Traeger temperature to 180℉ and leave it on the grill, uncovered for up an additional hour.
- CROCKPOT: If you are wanting to cook this in the crockpot with a boneless pork roast, you absolutely can. Simply season the pork roast (2 pounds) well on both sides with salt and pepper and place into your slow cooker. Add the rest of the ingredients on top. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours. Once cooked, shred the pork using two forks and stir the chili well.
- Click here for my Smoked Pork Shoulder recipe
- Foreager sour cream is one of my favorite dairy-free options that’s also Whole30 compliant.
- If you don’t have a smoker to add the chili to and still want to get a smoky flavor, add 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke.
- 9 NET carbs per serving
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Main Dish/Soup
- Method: Stovetop/Traeger
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: Smoked Pulled Pork Chili, Chili, Low Carb, Keto, Whole30, Soup