Do you ever get sick of eggs for breakfast every single morning? I can totally relate…Last week if I had to eat one more boiled egg, I was going to totally lose my mind and act a fool. It’s okay y’all, Mac is here to save the day. Here is a delicious and easy breakfast option for those mornings you want to kill all things egg related.
This Sausage and Apple Breakfast Delight brings all the goods including butternut squash, cranberries, apples and compliant sausage. All you egg haters….you’re welcome. Not only is it egg-free, but it is filling and can serve as a breakfast or lunch option. Additionally, this dish is a compliant Whole30 meal, Paleo and clean eating.
Dinner can sometimes be hard at my house since we are always on the go and seem to always need some quick dinners on weeknights. My whole family loves it and even serves as leftovers the next day. And feel free to recreate this to fit your needs. If you are not a fan of some of the ingredients, simply sub some of your favorite veggies.
Click below to pin on your Pinterest Board
A simple and delicious egg-free breakfast option.
- 1 package of compliant chicken and apple sausage (sliced (Aidell or Sam’s Choice))
- 1 tbsp olive oil for cooking
- 1 cup butternut squash, cubbed (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries (or 1/4 cup dried (no sugar added))
- 1 whole green apple (diced into cubes)
- fresh rosemary for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven, 350°F
- Add cranberries (if using fresh) and squash to a baking sheet and cook in oven for 20 minutes. (If you are using dried cranberries, just add those to the skillet right before serving).
- While that is cooking, add 1 tbsp of olive oil to cast iron skillet and add in your sausage and apple slices and cook to desired doneness.
- Take out the pan with cranberries and butternut squash and add to a bowl.
- Add the sausage and apples on top of the butternut squash and cranberries and mix together.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary and salt and pepper to taste.
I cook my squash separately just so it doesn’t get mushy. Feel free to add everything to the same skillet for a quicker meal option.
- Category: Breakfast, Main Dish
- Cuisine: Sausage