Easy Ranch Seasoned Oyster Crackers
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These tasty seasoned oyster crackers are made with simple ingredients: butter, ranch seasoning, parmesan cheese, and spices! Perfect for soups, salads, snacking, and gifting!
What Makes This Recipe Great
Growing up, it wasn’t Christmas unless my momma made Ranch Seasoned Oyster Crackers. Not only are they tasty, but they make an easy and inexpensive DIY gift. Be warned, these are so addicting!
Perfect for soups, snacking, or a sweet gift, these super simple ranch oyster crackers are a go-to holiday recipe!
If you love crunchy snacks, try my homemade Chex mix too!
Table of Contents
Full recipe with measurements located in the recipe card.Jump to Recipe
Melted Butter: You can use regular butter or vegan butter, depending on your preference. Some people use canola oil but I prefer butter for this.
Dry Ranch Seasoning Mix: You can use my homemade ranch seasoning or 2 packets of dry ranch dressing mix.
Herbs & Spices: Dried dill weed, lemon pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
Plain Oyster Crackers: You’ll need two bags, approximately 18 ounces total.
Grated Parmesan Cheese: You can get a fresh block and grate your own or use a ready-made container.
Recipe Step by Step
- Preheat the oven to 250°F. In a small bowl, add the melted butter, ranch seasoning, dill, garlic, and onion powder. Stir until mixed through.
- Add the oyster crackers to a large bowl. Pour in the butter mixture and mix carefully using a wooden spoon until the crackers are coated.
- Divide the crackers in an even layer on 2 baking sheet pans covered in parchment paper and transfer to the oven.
- Bake the crackers for 15-20 minutes until golden brown, tossing once halfway through cooking.
- Remove the crackers from the oven and add parmesan cheese (Optional) and allow them to cool to room temperature.
- Serve as a snack, on top of a salad, with soup, or give as a gift!
Ranch Oyster Crackers
Storage: Transfer to an airtight container and store at room temperature or enjoy immediately. Stores for up to 5 days.
Gifting: Fill up a mason jar with seasoned oyster crackers. Screw the lid on tight and decorate with some festive decor and a gift tag. So easy and so delicious!
Homemade Ranch Seasoning: You can use my homemade ranch seasoning linked here.
Variations: You can make all kinds of versions of this recipe. Following the same instructions with the melted butter and baking, try tossing them with taco seasoning or cayenne pepper for a spicy seasoned cracker!
Simply omit the parmesan cheese, use my dairy-free ranch seasoning recipe and use vegan butter. However, keep in mind that some facilities may make these crackers on machines with cross-contamination. Nabisco’s Premium Oyster Crackers are dairy-free and safe to use. But as good practice, always check the labels!
Yes! Though a little tricky to find, there are brands that make gluten-free crackers similar to oyster crackers. Try Made Good brand.
Yes! You can use coconut oil, however, I recommend using refined coconut oil so there is no coconut taste.
Follow on Instagram
Don’t forget to turn on notifications.Follow Me
If you love this recipe, please give it a star rating and leave a comment below!
Seasoned Oyster Crackers
- 2 (9 oz packages) plain oyster crackers
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup homemade ranch seasoning mix or 2 store-bought packets
- 1 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp lemon pepper optional, but adds a little zing
- Optional: 2-3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- SEASON CRACKERS:Preheat the oven to 250°F. In a small bowl, add the melted butter, ranch seasoning, dill, garlic, and onion powder. Stir until mixed through. Add the oyster crackers to a large bowl. Pour in the butter mixture and mix carefully using a wooden spoon until the crackers are coated. You can also add the crackers to a large Tupperware bowl with a lid and shake the seasoning and butter together until coated.
- BAKE: Divide the crackers in an even layer on 2 baking sheet pans covered in parchment paper and transfer to the oven. Bake the crackers for 15-20 minutes tossing once halfway through cooking.
- LET COOL:Remove the crackers from the oven and add grated parmesan cheese (Optional) if serving right away. Allow them to cool to room temperature. Enjoye immediately!If not using the grated parmesan, feel free to transfer to an airtight container and store at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.