Easy Keto Pizza Meatballs (Whole30 + Paleo)
Published Nov 02, 2018 Updated Jan 24, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
My Keto Pizza Meatballs are filled with pepperonis, pizza sauce and onions. Whole30, Keto and Paleo. These meatballs are perfect for meal prep, family dinner or a social gathering.
Lazy weekends used to mean grabbing a big fat pizza and beer. I used to constantly view food as a reward. If I was a “good girl” all week long, I would reward myself on Friday. I would eat as many unhealthy treats I could fit in my mouth.
Since changing my mindset on food and living the Paleo lifestyle, I have come to realize that I can still enjoy a fun Friday night meal in a much healthier way. Pizza is one of those comfort foods that I crave on a regular basis. However, instead of indulging in a greasy slice of pizza, I decided to create an easy, flavorful and delicious pizza meatball recipe.
Talk about hitting the spot, these cute little pizza meatball bites are an amazing weekend treat that the whole family will love. Here comes the good news, my 2 and 6-year old devours them. I will serve these with some type of steamed veggie or a nice green mixed salad and it makes the perfect busy weekend night or cozy weekend meal.
These meatballs can be whipped up and on the kitchen table in no time at all. Additionally, I will make a big batch on a Sunday. They are perfect for easy grab and go meals throughout the week. Serve it with a side salad or even you favorite steamed veggie and you are all set.
Where can I find compliant Whole30 pizza sauce for these Keto Pizza Meatballs?
You can find a lot of pizza sauces at the store that are compliant. However if you can’t, be sure to checkout my homemade Pizza Sauce recipe. In my opinion, it is way better than store bought
Are Pepperonis Whole30 compliant?
It is not likely that you will find clean pepperonis to enjoy while on your Whole30. Pepperonis are usually highly processed. You will probably be better off branching out and looking for other options during this time. If you are wanting to enjoy these meatballs during your Whole30 just simply remove the pepperonis. I promise they still are super flavorful and delicious.
Shop my Keto Pizza Meatball Post
More healthy recipes from the blog:Print
These pizza inspired meatballs are filled with pepperonis, pizza sauce and onions. Whole30, Keto, Clean Eating, and Paleo. These meatballs are perfect for meal prep, family dinner or a social gathering.
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 18 meatballs 1x
- 2 pound ground beef
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black cracked pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup OPTIONAL: chopped compliant pepperonis (omit all together for Whole30 compliant)
- 1 1/4 cup compliant pizza sauce (or see my recipe below)
Compliant Pizza Sauce (Makes 1 1/2 Cup)
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine hamburger meat egg, onions, seasoning, salt, pepperonis, pizza sauce and almond flour (add a little more almond flour if the mixture is too wet). Mix until everything is completely combined.
- Use a cookie scoop or a big spoon to scoop the meat. Shape each meatball (1 1/2 inch)
- Place each meatball 1 inch apart on the baking sheet. Bake 22-25 minutes (depending on desired doneness). Use any extra sauce for dipping
- Add all ingredients to a medium size sauce pan and whisk together.
- Turn to medium/high heat and use a wooden spoon to stir occasionally as it cooks.
- Bring to a boil then turn to low. Cook for 20 minutes
- Serve immediately or store in fridge for up to 1 week.
- If the mixture is still too wet for your liking, add a little more almond flour.
- Nutrition is calculated without pepperoni.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Appetizer, Main Dish
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Serving Size: 1 meatball
- Calories: 80
- Sodium: 72
- Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 1
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 12
- Cholesterol: 40
Keywords: Pizza Meatballs, Meatballs, Keto, Whole30, Keto, Paleo, Dairy Free, Gluten Free
These look amazing and I can’t wait to make them. What’s good to serve them with???
Made these tonight and my husband and I loved them— my husband went back for seconds! Super delicious!
Can you substitute almond flour to rolled oats ground up?
Made these for this week’s meal prep with a side salad, they are great! Perfect thing to get me out of my rut eating the same old thing every week. They were super easy to prepare and made enough for me to freeze. Thanks for another great recipe I can add to my rotation!
Whole Foods sells Applegate Farms uncured turkey pepperoni. Ingredients are Turkey, Sea Salt.Contains Less Than 2% of the Following: Turbinado Sugar, Water, Spices, Cultured Celery Powder, Granulated Garlic, Cherry Powder, Lactic Acid Starter Culture (Not from Milk), Rosemary Extract, Oleoresin of Paprika, Lime Juice Concentrate
Great to know.
Can these be made ahead & frozen..? Would like to make these for a party that’s in a months time…
For sure. They are great to freeze
This looks amazing. My boys would love these. I’ll have to make these soon.
Hope you enjoy!