Living Keto doesn’t mean you have to give up a warm and yummy muffin. These Keto Blueberry Muffins with Lemon Glaze are absolutely divine and will make you forget about the real thing. These bad boys are not only Keto, but they are also Paleo complaint.
Baking with almond flour is always my go to option when creating baked good recipes for both the Paleo and Keto lifestyle. In my opinion, it is one of the best alternatives to real flour. It has the same texture and similar in flavor.
In addition to almond flour, my go to sweetener is always Monk Fruit. It looks like sugar and has a great taste without the yucky after taste. Monk fruit is a small, green gourd that resembles a melon. It’s grown in Southeast Asia and it is a natural low-calorie sweetener that is actually sweeter than sugar.
Which sweeteners are compliant for these Keto Blueberry Muffins?
How do you get the glaze topping for these Keto Blueberry Muffins thick?
I love baking with confectioners sugar, but it can be hard to just run to the store and get pre-made Keto and Paleo powdered sugar. I have found that mixing Monk Fruit Sweetener or Erythroitl with a couple of teaspoons of arrowroot or tapioca flour. Simply add to a food processor and blend until it becomes a powder consistency. Next, I add about 1/4 cup of the powdered sugar a couple of tablespoons of coconut butter, which has a thicker texture. Then I thin it down using lemon juice and almond milk.
Click on the photo below to save to your Pinterest Board
Shop My Post
Like this recipe? Be sure to check out my other favorites below:
- Chocolate Cupcake with Buttercream Frosting
- Vanilla Ice Cream (Paleo + Keto)
- Apple Crumble Bars (Paleo + Keto)
- 2 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup Monk Fruit Syrup (Or Maple Syrup for Paleo)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- 3 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp unsweetened almond milk (at room temperature)
- 2 tbsp melted ghee or coconut oil
- 3/4 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a cupcake pan with 12 paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, Monk Fruit sweetener, baking soda, cream of tarter and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, pure vanilla, almond milk, and melted ghee.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in ¼-cup increments.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the paper liners.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and transfer to a rack and allow to cool in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze by adding all the ingredients to a sauce pan. Bring to a boil then lower heat and allow to simmer for 5 minutes. Make sure to stir as the mixture heats.
- Transfer the glaze to a small bowl and place in the fridge for 5-10 minutes and allow to cool. As the glaze cools, it will begin to thicken.
- Drizzle each muffin with the glaze and lemon zest before serving.
- If leftovers, store in an airtight container. Will last up to 1 week.
- For the coconut cream you will use the thick top part of the canned coconut milk, unsweetened .
- Make sure the egg and almond milk is at room temperature to prevent clumping.
- The nutrition below is for 1 muffin without the glaze. 1 tbsp of glaze (Using Monk Fruit) is an EXTRA 30 calories and 1 additional carb.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 158
- Sugar: 1.8
- Sodium: 121.7
- Fat: 5.4
- Carbohydrates: 5.2
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 5
Keywords: Keto Blueberry Muffins, Blueberry Muffins, Keto Desserts, Paleo Desserts, Paleo, Keto, Desserts, Pastries
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Welcome to Healthy Little Peach. I’m Mac, the lady behind the recipes. I believe in living a healthy lifestyle that consists of a mix of healthy whole foods, and full-fat comfort meals. Life is too short not to enjoy good food while maintaining a healthy body and mind. Here you will find gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, keto, and even full-fat comfort recipes. Let’s have fun in the kitchen together!