- 2 cups diced Roma tomatoes (5–6 tomatoes)
- 1 head of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 5 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3–4 slices of mozzarella cheese
- Season the chicken breast with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Heat olive oil or oil of choice in a grill pan or large skillet. Cook the chicken breasts over medium-high heat until browned on both sides and cooked through and the liquid runs clear and the internal temperature is 155F-160F, about 5-6 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, combine diced tomatoes, minced garlic, basil, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. While the chicken is still on the grill or skillet, top each breast with 1 slice of mozzarella and cover until cheese is melted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Top each chicken breast with the tomato mixture and additional fresh basil as desired. Enjoy!
Dairy-Free: If you’d like to make this recipe dairy free, simply omit the mozzarella cheese or use a non-dairy alternative.
Cooking Methods: You can use a grill pan or a large skillet for this recipe, or even grill them on your bbq. Whichever way you enjoy cooking chicken the best will work with this recipe!
How to Serve: Serve this bruschetta chicken recipe over a bed of penne pasta, alongside a salad, or with your favorite sides. Garnish with fresh basil and enjoy!
Storage: Store leftovers in an airtight container and eat within 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: grilled bruschetta chicken, bruschetta chicken recipe