Ghost English Muffin Pizza
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Introducing a whimsical twist on a classic favorite! Mini English muffins transformed into adorable ghostly delights with pizza sauce, cheesy toppings, and olive eyes. Perfect for a fun and tasty snack or meal.
What Makes This Recipe Great
There is something so magical about fall recipes! I love taking traditional recipes and turning them into whimsical treats for Halloween! These adorable Halloween-themed Ghost English Muffin Pizzas are an enjoyable and easy activity for both kids and adults. They can be ready in under 15 minutes and are not only visually appealing but also delicious! If you want another spooky treat this fall season, try my Oreo Mummy Cookies.
- English Muffins: Regular or dairy free.
- Pizza Sauce: I love Rao’s, but any brand will work. If you are wanting to make this recipe dairy-free, but sure to check the ingredients for a dairy-free sauce.
- Mozzarella Cheese Slices: Regular or dairy free.
- Black Olives: I use canned olives and cut them in tiny pieces for the eyes.
- Ghost Cookie Cutter: Feel free to also use other shapes of choice, bats, witch hats, black cat, etc.
Step By Step
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare a baking sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Slice the English muffins in half horizontally. Cut the cheese into ghost shapes using a ghost cookie cutter.
- Add the muffins to the the baking sheet pan face up. Top each one with pizza sauce. Place a slice of the ghost cheese in the middle. Make eyes by adding two small pieces of olives.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melty. Enjoy!
Mac’s Pro Tip
- Pre-toast the Muffins: Toast the English muffins lightly before adding your toppings. Pop them in a 350F oven for a couple of minutes. This helps prevent them from getting soggy and adds a nice crunch to the crust.
- Ghost English muffin pizzas are highly customizable, and you can make a variety of different variations by adding your preferred toppings. It doesn’t have to be just cheese; you can get creative with your choices. Adding classic options like pepperoni, sliced bell peppers, mushrooms, olives, and onions is a great way to enhance the flavor and texture of your pizza. After adding your desired toppings, you can then create a ghostly shape with cheese over the top to give it a fun and spooky twist. Remember, the key is to have fun and personalize your ghost English muffin pizzas to your liking!
- Refrigeration: If you intend to eat the ghost pizzas within a few days, you can store them in the refrigerator. They can typically stay fresh for 2-3 days by placing them in an airtight container or wrapping them individually.
- Freezer Storage: For longer-term storage, frozen ghost pizzas can last for 1-2 months in the freezer. When ready to eat, you can reheat them directly from the freezer.
For sure! Simply use your favorite dairy free cheese and a gluten free English muffin. You will also want to find a pizza sauce or marinara sauce that is dairy-free. My favorite brand is Rao’s.
You can also use shredded cheese. After spreading the sauce on the pizza, simply place the cookie cutter on top of the pizza and sprinkle the cheese inside the cutter, filling the shape. Once you have filled in the shape of the cookie cutter, gently remove it.
Follow on Instagram
Don’t forget to turn on notifications.Follow Me
If you love this recipe, please give it a star rating and leave a comment below!
Ghost English Muffin Pizza
- 4 English muffins split (for a total of 8 halves)
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 8 mozzarella cheese slices
- 10-15 small black olives cut into small pieces for eyes
- ghost cookie cutter
- Preheat Oven & Preparations: Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare a baking sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Cut Cheese: Slice the English muffins in half horizontally. Cut the cheese into ghost shapes using a ghost cookie cutter.
- Build Pizzas: Add the muffins to the baking sheet pan face up. Top each one with pizza sauce. Place a slice of the ghost cheese in the middle. Make eyes by adding two small pieces of olives.
- Cook: Place the sheet pan in the oven and cook for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melty. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.