Nothing says spring and summer like fresh salsa. Sure store bought brands are convenient, but they don’t hold a light to homemade. This Cilantro Salsa will bring any dish to life. My family constantly craves Mexican and could eat it every night of the week. Our favorite treat is plantain chips and salsa. My 3 year old thinks that chips and salsa is a food group she love it so much.
This past weekend I whipped up my famous Cilantro Salsa that had my whole family fighting over who gets to dip their chip first. I will usually make a big batch that will last all week long. We add this to eggs, chicken, salads, dip with plantain chips and sometimes we even eat it with a spoon. Honestly, it is good on ANYTHING
This salsa only takes 5 minutes and only includes a few ingredients that can probably be found in your pantry right now. I like the idea of using fresh tomatoes, but the canned tomatoes actually works just fine. The key to giving it the right amount of spice is one can of Rotell.
Click the picture below to pin to your Pinterest Board
This Whole30, Paleo, and Keto salsa will add just enough flavor to any dish.
- 1 can Rotell
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1 Lime (juiced)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 handful Cilantro
- 1/2 white onion (cut into fourths)
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp pepper
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender or food processor.
- Blend on medium to high speed for 20 seconds.
- Remove the lid and stir to make sure there are no chunks of tomatoes. Blend again for another 5-10 seconds.
- Transfer to a serving dish and enjoy! This salsa will stay good in the fridge for up to a week.
- Category: Appetizer, Salsa