These Double Chocolate Muffins are not only moist but have an amazing fudge texture and taste. They are the perfect breakfast, dessert or snack. Keto, Paelo and Gluten/Dairy Free.
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips (See Notes)
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a cupcake pan with 12 paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, cream of tarter and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, pure vanilla, almond milk, Monk Fruit Syrup (or Maple Syrup) and melted ghee.
- Use a rubber spatula to fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in ¼-cup increments.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use a handheld or stand mixer and mix on medium to high speed until all and combine all the ingredients are combined.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the paper liners. Fill about 3/4 of each liner with batter.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and transfer to a rack and allow to cool in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes.
- If leftovers, store in an airtight container. Will last up to 1 week
- For low sugar dark chocolate chips, I use Lily’s for Keto and Hu for Paleo.
- Make sure to use either Monk Fruit Syrup or Maple Syrup. If you substitute the granulated Monk Fruit, the batter will become thick and it will not turn out.
- If you have almond flour, simply sub the almond flour for coconut flour. So you will do 1 1/2 cups coconut flour and a 1/4 cup psyllium husk
- These can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Nutrition is calculated using Monk Fruit Syrup and Lily’s Chocolate Chips.
- Category: Breakfast/Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 154
- Sugar: 3.8
- Sodium: 110
- Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 7
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 4.3
- Cholesterol: 49
Keywords: Muffins, Keto Muffins, Double Chocolate Muffins