No bake desserts are the best type of desserts. These No Bake Apple Pie Bites are so unique, tasty and can be whipped up in no time at all. If you are needing a quick and delicious fall treat, this is the recipe for you!
These energy bites are Paleo, Gluten and Dairy Free and can also be tailored to be Keto. I use simple ingredients such as almond flour, arrowroot flour, pecans, an apple, maple syrup (or Monk fruit syrup for keto), cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, ghee and a pinch of salt.
To make the dough, I add the ingredients to a food processor and blend together until it makes a dough like consistency. Once blended, I formed balls in the size of a golf ball. Next, I roll each ball in either maple syrup or Monk Fruit syrup and then transfer to chopped pecans and roll until each ball is covered.
These make wonderful lunchbox desserts for the kiddos, in addition to a wonderful and healthy after school snack. You could even serve these at your next shower or social gathering.
Can you freeze these Apple Pie Bites?
Yes! These Apple Pie Bites are actually great to throw in the freezer. Be sure to store them in an air tight freezer proof container and store up to 3 months. To serve, simple remove an hour before serving.
Why do you have to use both almond and arrowroot flour?
Yes it is important to use both of these flours.
Almond flour tends to have more moisture than wheat flour, so reducing the amount of liquid and fat and adding a starch or even coconut flour can be helpful.
Can I substitute coconut flour if I’m allergic to almond flour?
Coconut flour is particularly absorbent and sucks up a lot of moisture. Replacing coconut flour for almond flour (or grain flours) requires that you adjust the amount of liquid and eggs added. For this recipe you could do 2 cups coconut flour with 1/2 cup arrowroot or tapioca flour.
Shop My Post
Like this recipe? Be sure to checkout my other favorite Paleo desserts.Print
These no bake Apple Pie Bites are the perfect fall treat that can be whipped up in no time. These have a cake like consistency and bring a crunch with the pecan crust. Paleo, Gluten Free, Dairy Free and can be tailored to Keto.
Apple Pie Bites
- 2 1/2 cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp arrowroot flour
- 1 small apple ((peeled and rough chopped))
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp Monk Fruit Syrup or Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp ghee ((melted))
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup pecans ((ground))
- 1 tbsp monk fruit sweetener ((or sweetener of choice, coconut sugar for Paleo))
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- pinch of cinnamon
- cup ⅓maple syrup
- Add all the apple pie bite ingredients to a food processor, the almond flour, coconut flour, arrowroot flour, apple (peeled and rough chopped), monk fruit syrup, melted ghee, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt.
- Turn the food processor on and combine together until the mixture becomes a dough like consistency and is completely combined.
- Roll the dough into 12 golf-ball sized balls and place on a plate or baking sheet.
- Place 1 cup pecans, cinnamon, monk fruit sweetener or coconut sugar to a food processor. Process until the pecans are ground, but be careful not to over blend. (It shouldn’t be a powder like consistency, leave it a little chunky.)
- Transfer the ground pecan mixture to a bowl and pour the maple syrup In a shallow bowl. Carefully roll each ball into the maple syrup then into the ground pecans and place on a plate.
- Enjoy immediately or chill in the fridge in an air-tight container. These can also be frozen for up to 3 months by storing in a freezer proof container.
*For lower sugar and carb count, use Monk Fruit syrup and sweetener.
*For Paleo use Maple Syrup and Coconut Sugar.
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert