Buffet Style Meal Prep:
My favorite way to clean meal prep using the buffet style method. A lot of people will prep actual set meals that are usually the same thing for every day of the week. For me, I can’t eat the same thing every single day, so using the buffet style prep is perfect for building new meals throughout the week.
Buffet style prep is simply just prepping a few different protein, veggie, carb and fruit options. This type of prep makes building meals super simple and easy. Below is all the different items I have prepped for the week. Additionally, I will share all the different combination of meals you can get from this prep. It took me around an hour and a half and will make eating clean the whole week a breeze.
These little muffins are full of flavor and heat up so well. I will make a few batches at a time and even freeze a batch for later. This is one of my go-to protein options when I prep.
What to serve these muffins with:
- Brown Rice
- Side Salad
- Sweet Potato
- Green Beans
Chopped Rotisserie Chicken
I always buy a couple of chickens from Sam’s Club on Sundays. I will chop them up and store in a container for easy grab and go meals throughout the week. Each chicken is only $5 so it’s not only a healthy option, but it is budget friendly.
What to serve these muffins with:
- Serve on on top of salads
- Top onto spaghetti squash along with marinara sauce
- Add to mixed veggies in a skillet along with coconut aminos for an easy stir fry meal.
- Mix this chicken together with eggs and veggies for a quick egg scrambled or even an omelet.
These meatballs are FILLED with so much amazing flavor and also reheat super well. In addition to the meatloaf muffins, I will also make a few batches at a time and freeze. These make such an amazing lunch pr even eat a couple for a quick snack.
What to serve these meatballs with:
- Serve with a side salad
- Add to the top of spaghetti squash
- Stuff inside a sweet potato and top with Frank’s Hot Sauce
- Chop them up and add to brown rice and veggies. Top with hot sauce.
This is one of my all time favorite prep salads. It is super easy and gets more flavor as it sits in the fridge. This pairs awesome with any protein and adds a crunch to your meals.
Washing and chopping veggies on Sunday makes cooking them throughout the week super easy. I love cleaning zucchini and chopping it so it’s ready to cook. I simply add to the microwave or in the skillet for an easy veggie side dish.
Spaghetti squash always is such a pain to make. From cutting the squash to cooking it. I always like to add a big squash to the oven while I am prepping. It makes preparing fun meals easy through the week.
Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
Just as I do my veggies, I will prepare my fruit by cleaning them and having them ready to eat.
Combination Meals for this Prep:
Below is all the different meals you can create from this prep. Most you don’t have to cook, but some you can add an additional step of cooking to get a fun meal.
- Option 1: Buffalo Meatballs over spaghetti squash with a 1/2 cup of the tomato salad.
- Option 2: Greek Chicken Salad. Mix 1/2 cup chicken with a cup of the tomato salad.
- Option 3: 2-3 Taco Meatloaf Muffins with 1/2 cup sweet potato and 1/3 cup berries.
- Option 4: Zucchini Chicken Skillet. Add 1/2 cup chopped chicken along with the desired amount of zucchini to a skillet. Mix together. Season with a little garlic powder and salt and pepper.
- Option 5: Buffalo Meatballs with a 1/2 cup sweet potatoes and 1/2 cup tomato salad.
- Option 5: Chicken and Sweet Potato Scrambled Eggs. Add 1/3 cup chicken and 1/4 cup sweet potatoes to 3 beaten eggs. Cook in a skillet.
- Option 6: Grilled Chicken Salad. Add 1/2 cup chopped chicken to a bed of lettuce with other veggies and dressing of choice.
- Option 7: Pizza Chicken Spaghetti Squash. Add 2 cups spaghetti squash to a bowl along with 1/2 cup chicken, 1/3 cup marinara sauce and low fat mozzarella cheese stick. Mix together and heat up.
- Option 8: Buffalo Meatball Salad
- Option 9: Taco Meatloaf Muffins with zucchini and fruit
- Option 10: Taco Meatloaf Muffins on top of a salad with 1/2 cup brown rice.
Other Clean Meal Prep Options:
- Protein Oatmeal: 1/2 cup dry oatmeal, 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder.
- Scrambled eggs with 1 piece of Dave Killers Bread
- Protein Shakes
- Boiled Eggs
- Chocolate No Bake Protein Cookies- Click here for the recipe.
SHOP MY POST
Be sure to pin this recipe to your Pinterest Board:
If you love this Clean Meal Prep post, check out my other favorites below:
Welcome to Healthy Little Peach. I’m Mac, the lady behind the recipes. I believe in living a healthy lifestyle that consists of a mix of healthy whole foods, and full-fat comfort meals. Life is too short not to enjoy good food while maintaining a healthy body and mind. Here you will find gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, keto, and even full-fat comfort recipes. Let’s have fun in the kitchen together!