We are officially on the January Whole30 and I couldn’t be more excited about my Chili Lime Cashews that are out of this world delicious. They almost taste too good to be Whole30, Paleo and Keto compliant…healthy never looked or tasted so good!! If you are completing a Whole30, I recommend these to keep on hand as a great emergency snack.
These are the perfect crunchy addition to a salad or protein bowl. I also love to grab a handful when my energy is zapped and I need a little something extra. Not only do they serve as a tasty topping or great snack, but they are an amazing appetizer to serve at your next football party, wedding or family gathering.
These cashews are not overly hot and just the right amount of spice. They are mild enough that my 4 year old eats them and loves them. I honestly love any kind of cashew, but these will visit you in your dreams. I don’t have adequate words to describe just how amazing they are. When they come right out of the oven I love to sneak a few because I have a hard time waiting until they cool all the way. If there are any leftovers, which most of the time they are gone within the first 5 minutes, I will store in a mason jar or airtight glass Tupperware container. I usually find they stay good for up to a week.
Also, if you are not familiar with Tajin seasoning, it is super cheap and available at Aldi, Walmart or Target. It is also WHOLE30 COMPLIANT! The only ingredients are chili peppers, salt, dehydrated lime juice, and silicon dioxide
(Silicon dioxide is used for anti-caking and is considered compliant for the program)
Click the photo below to save to your Pinterest board.
A savory and tart chili lime cashew that is the perfect snack or salad topping. These crunchy treats are Whole30, Keto and Paleo compliant.
- 3 cups cashews
- 1 whole lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Tajin Seasoning (Whole30 Compliant )
- 1 1/2 tsp chili seasoning
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl add 3 cups of cashews. In a separate small mixing bowl add the juice from 1 lime, Tajin seasoning, chili powder and olive oil. Mix together until combined.
- Pour the wet mixture over the cashews and mix together until evenly coated. Transfer the cashews to the baking sheet over the parchment paper.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Make sure to keep an eye on them and lower the temperature if needed. All ovens are different so these will either cook faster or slower. Remove pan from oven and allow to cool before serving. for ( If desired sprinkle a pinch of salt over all the cashews right when they come out of the oven.)
- Category: Appetizer, Snack