A filling and satisfying salad filled with crisp lettuce, blackened shrimp, cucumbers, tomatoes, and red and green onions drizzled with my homemade Citrus Herb Dressing. Whole30, Paleo and Keto compliant. Each salad contains 8 Net Carbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 16 large shrimp deveined
- 2 teaspoons blackened seasoning below
- 6 cups spring mix or your favorite lettuce
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 3 large green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion. sliced
- 2 mini cucumbers, sliced
Blackening Seasoning (This makes a big batch)
- 3 tablespoon paprika
- 3 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Citrus Herb Dressing
- 2/3 LIGHT Olive Oil (I use light because it is less bitter)
- 1/ minced shallot
- 3 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
Blackened Shrimp Salad
- Grill shrimp: Preheat a grill to medium high heat. Thaw the shrimp (if frozen). Marinate the shrimp by placing in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and blackening season. Add the shrimp to skewers. Place them on the grill and allow to cook for 1 to 2 minutes per side, until bright pink and cooked through.
- Make Dressing: Add in the shallot, olive oil, Dijon mustard vinegar, lemon juice and orange juice to a high speed blender. Blend on high speed 20 seconds. Pour the dressing into a jar and add in the salt, pepper, basil, oregano and chives. Mix together with a spoon until combined.
- Assemble: To assemble the salad fill three bowls with mixed greens of choice. Top with avocado, cherry tomatoes, red and green onions, cucumbers and a shrimp skewer.
- Serve: Drizzle with my homemade Citrus Herb Dressing and enjoy!
Citrus Herb Dressing
- Blend: Add in the shallot, olive oil, Dijon mustard vinegar, lemon juice and orange juice to a high speed blender. Blend on high speed 20 seconds.
- Mix in herbs: Pour the dressing into a jar and add in the salt, pepper, basil, oregano and chives. Mix together with a spoon until combined.
- Combine all ingredients to a jar and mix together with a spoon until combined. Store in your pantry with a lid.
- Each salad contains 8 NET CARBS. That is calculated by taking the 15 carbs and subtracting from the 7 fibers. This is calculated with 2 tbsp of Citrus Herb Dressing and 5 shrimp.
- Category: Salad/Entree
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 salad
- Calories: 350
- Sugar: 4
- Sodium: 2100
- Fat: 18.5
- Carbohydrates: 15
- Fiber: 7
- Protein: 40
- Cholesterol: 243
Keywords: Blackened Shrimp Salad, Salads, Keto Salads, Whole30 Salads, Shrimp