- 1 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 16 large shrimp deveined
- 2 teaspoons blackened seasoning below
- 6 cups spring mix or your favorite lettuce
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 3 large green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion. sliced
- 2 mini cucumbers, sliced
Blackening Seasoning (This makes a big batch)
- 3 tablespoon paprika
- 3 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Citrus Herb Dressing
- 2/3 LIGHT Olive Oil (I use light because it is less bitter)
- 1/ minced shallot
- 3 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
Blackened Shrimp Salad
- Grill shrimp: Preheat a grill to medium high heat. Thaw the shrimp (if frozen). Marinate the shrimp by placing in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and blackening season. Add the shrimp to skewers. Place them on the grill and allow to cook for 1 to 2 minutes per side, until bright pink and cooked through.
- Make Dressing: Add in the shallot, olive oil, Dijon mustard vinegar, lemon juice and orange juice to a high speed blender. Blend on high speed 20 seconds. Pour the dressing into a jar and add in the salt, pepper, basil, oregano and chives. Mix together with a spoon until combined.
- Assemble: To assemble the salad fill three bowls with mixed greens of choice. Top with avocado, cherry tomatoes, red and green onions, cucumbers and a shrimp skewer.
- Serve: Drizzle with my homemade Citrus Herb Dressing and enjoy!
Citrus Herb Dressing
- Blend: Add in the shallot, olive oil, Dijon mustard vinegar, lemon juice and orange juice to a high speed blender. Blend on high speed 20 seconds.
- Mix in herbs: Pour the dressing into a jar and add in the salt, pepper, basil, oregano and chives. Mix together with a spoon until combined.
- Combine all ingredients to a jar and mix together with a spoon until combined. Store in your pantry with a lid.
- Each salad contains 8 NET CARBS. That is calculated by taking the 15 carbs and subtracting from the 7 fibers. This is calculated with 2 tbsp of Citrus Herb Dressing and 5 shrimp.
- Category: Salad/Entree
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 salad
- Calories: 350
- Sugar: 4
- Sodium: 2100
- Fat: 18.5
- Carbohydrates: 15
- Fiber: 7
- Protein: 40
- Cholesterol: 243
Keywords: Blackened Shrimp Salad, Salads, Keto Salads, Whole30 Salads, Shrimp