- 2 large chicken breasts (cooked)
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1 shallot (thinly sliced)
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes,
- 3 cups spinach and arugula mix
- 2 garlic cloves (,minced or finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth ((no sugar added))
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk ((canned))
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp tapioca flour
- Cut the top off the butternut so that can be spiralized. Peel the skin off. Cut the butternut in 2 pieces so it’s easier to handle, then spiralize using the thickest noodle setting of your spiralizer. Cut into 6 inch lengths so it’s easy to eat. Leave the zoodles to the side.
- Heat a large skillet over medium/high heat. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil along with the 2 chicken breasts. Cook each side for 5-6 minutes or until the juice runs clear. Once the chicken is cooked completely, transfer to a cutting board and allow to rest form 5 minutes. Once cooled, use a large knife and dice the cooked chicken into cubes.
- In the same skillet the chicken was cooked in, add another tbsp of olive oil and with the minced garlic and the slices of shallot. All ow to brown together for a minute or so.
- Next, add the butternut squash zoodles to the shallots and minced garlic, gently sauteé for 7- 8 minutes.
- Transfer the whole cherry tomatoes, chicken, spinach and arugula to the butternut squash zoodles.
- In a bowl, add the coconut milk, chicken broth, onion powder, tapioca flour, salt and pepper. Combine together until the tapioca flour is completely dissolved.
- Pour the liquid mixture to the zoodles and allow to simmer for 3 minutes or until the broth has become thicker.
- Serve immediately.
- Category: Main Dish