For me, I could literally live off of my new Turkey Club Lettuce Wrap. One of my all time favorite meals is a #10 Jimmy John Sub Sandwich, so I wanted to create something that would mimic the same flavors as the real thing.
I’m not fancy and don’t need an expensive date night. If Joel wants to go out, I will say, “Hey, let’s grab a sub sandwich and go to a movie.” I’ll order a #10 with BBQ Chips and a Sprite. It is pure Heaven. Since making this recipe, I can enjoy this lettuce wrap without all the extra calories.
What are the best deli meat to use to make a Lettuce Wrap?
Whole30 & Paleo Compliant Deli Meat:
- Apple Gate Oven Roasted Turkey/Roast Beef
- True Story Foods Chicken/Turkey
- Plainville Farms Turkey
- Diestel Turkey
- Trader Joe Brand Oven Roasted Turkey
Nitrate Free Deli Meat:
- Natural Choice
- Simple Truth
- Member’s Mark
Tips for wrapping the lettuce and the best kinds to use:
- My favorite lettuce to use is iceberg. However, you can also use romaine, butter, and green leaf. I have found from lots of experimenting that Iceberg is the best to use.
- Make sure to wrap using parchment paper. This will allow you to get a tight wrap that will make it easier to eat.
- Be sure to check out the video below that will show you exactly how to wrap correctly.
What to put in your Lettuce Wrap:
Get creative and add whatever you would normally add to a sandwich. Below are a few ideas to help you get started.
- Oven roasted chicken, roast beef, turkey breast, bacon, or salami with lots of veggies. Tomatoes, onions, banana peppers, or avocado.
- Chicken Salad
- Tuna Salad
- Egg Salad
- Grilled Chicken Club
Shop my Turkey Club Lettuce Wrap Post:
Be sure to pin this to your Pinterest Board:
Love this Turkey Club Lettuce Wrap recipe? Be sure to check out my other favorites below:Print
A simple and delicious Turkey Club Lettuce Wrap that is Whole30, Keto and Paleo compliant. This wrap is so amazing, you won’t even miss having the bread. Serve with berries, pickles and sparkling water, and you have the perfect lunch.
- 6–7 pieces iceberg lettuce
- 1 tablespoon homemade mayo
- 3 slices of deli meat -(Applegate Oven Roasted Turkey)
- 1 slice cooked bacon- No sugar added
- 3 slices tomato
- 1 large slice of red onion
- 2 avocado slices
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1 piece of parchment paper — about 15″ x 15″
- Lay large square of parchment down on your work surface.
- Clean the iceberg lettuce and pat dry.
- On top of the parchment paper, layer the 6-7 large pieces of iceberg lettuce.
- Spread mayo in the middle of the lettuce and sprinkle with the oregano.
- Layer turkey, bacon, tomato and red onion on top of the mayo base.
- Use the parchment paper as a guide. Start from the piece closest to you and begin to wrap as tightly as you can.
- Halfway through rolling, tuck the ends of the parchment paper and lettuce towards the middle of the wrap.
- Continue to roll the lettuce wrap, keeping it as tight as possible and using the parchment paper to guide you.
- When it is completely wrapped, roll the remainder of the parchment around the lettuce tightly.
- Using a serrated knife, slice though the lettuce wrap almost completely the bottom piece of the parchment intact. This helps keep it together.
- Serve with fresh berries, sliced pickles and a sparkling water.
- This wrap is best if eaten immediately after making. If you make ahead of time and refrigerate it will become very soggy.
- Click here for my 60 second homemade mayo recipe.
- Category: Lunch/
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Wrap
- Calories: 286
- Sugar: 5
- Sodium: 922
- Fat: 17
- Carbohydrates: 9
- Fiber: 3.4
- Protein: 23
- Cholesterol: 51.4
Keywords: Turkey Club, Lettuce Wrap, Lunch, Keto, Low Carb, Whole30
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)