Salsa Verde Soup
Soup is my love language, I can eat it in the spring, summer, fall and especially the winter. I love cleaning out the fridge and using what I have to make easy and cheap soup recipes. This Salsa Verde Soup came together from a fridge purge and this recipe packs so much flavor and only contains a few ingredients. It is an inexpensive and quick meal to throw together on a busy weeknight or on a lazy weekend. Not only is it Whole30, Paleo and Clean Eating Compliant, but it will make healthy eating seem so easy.
Sometimes when I need a break from making a 3 course dinner, I always turn to soup. It warms and comforts my soul and allows me to take a break from standing in the kitchen for hours cooking and cleaning. All you need is a big pot, a couple of bowls and spoons and you are set. It makes a busy weeknight both delicious and easy. In the winter, I try to incorporate soup once or twice a week.
I have a deep love for Salsa Verde and it adds just enough spice and flavor to this recipe. If you are sticking with Whole30, make sure you are looking for a compliant version that does not have hidden sugars. Combining, chicken breast, broth, coconut milk, onions, Salsa Verde and green chilies makes for the perfect Mexican style soup. Make a big pot on Sunday and pack for lunches or use for a leftover dinner during the week.
Click here to save this to your Pinterest board.
- Add all of your ingredients to a crockpot and let simmer on low all day. (I will throw my chicken in raw and it will cook perfectly through the day)
- If you choose to cook right before serving, simply boil your chicken in a large pot on the stove. Drain your water and add all of your other ingredients that are listed above. Allow the soup to simmer together for 30 minutes.
- Before serving, use a fork to break up the chicken and shred.
- Serve with fresh cilantro, avocados, jalapenos and a dollop of salsa Verde.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes stove top
- Category: soup
- Cuisine: Mexican
Welcome to Healthy Little Peach. I’m Mac, the lady behind the recipes. I believe in living a healthy lifestyle that consists of a mix of healthy whole foods, and full-fat comfort meals. Life is too short not to enjoy good food while maintaining a healthy body and mind. Here you will find gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, keto, and even full-fat comfort recipes. Let’s have fun in the kitchen together!