This Roasted Potatoes & Asparagus dish is the perfect healthy side or main dish. Filled with sliced potatoes and asparagus drizzled in olive oil and seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Topped with a tangy Greek Dill Yogurt, lemon juice and chopped bacon. Only 7 ingredients and requires one pan.
Potatoes & Asparagus:
- 2 lbs red and yellow creamer potatoes (cut in half)
- 1 pound thick asparagus, trimmed & sliced into 2-inch pieces
- 3 slices Cooked Bacon or Turkey Bacon, chopped
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 tsp garlic powder, divided (optional)
Greek Dill Yogurt:
- 1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 1/2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Dill (fresh or dry)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (more or less to taste)
- 1/4 tsp pepper (more or less to taste)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Transfer the sliced potatoes into a large bowl.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt, freshly ground black pepper, to taste and garlic powder (optional).
- Using your hands or a spoon, mix the potatoes, oil and seasoning until evenly coated.
- Dump the potatoes out onto a large coated sheet pan and spread them into a single layer.
- Place in the oven and cook for 15 minutes, use a metal spatula to stir and mix so they cook evenly.
- Cook for another 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- While the potatoes are cooking place the cut asparagus in the same bowl as the potatoes and add Add the asparagus to the same bag that was used for the potatoes.
- Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and add additional pepper.
- Mix with hands or spoon until asparagus is evenly coated.
- Once the potatoes are tender, remove the sheet pan from the oven, add the asparagus and toss everything together, and spread into a single layer.
- Cook for an additional 8 to 10 minutes or until the asparagus is tender (depending on the thickness of the asparagus).
- Add to a platter and drizzle the veggies with the Greek Dill Yogurt, chopped bacon, fresh dill.
- Finish by squeezing a half of lemon over the entire platter.
- Serve immediately
Greek Dill Yogurt:
- Add all of the ingredients into a small bowl and mix together until combined with a spoon.
- Dressing and potatoes will last in the fridge for up to one week.
- If you don’t have these exact potatoes, no worries. Feel free to use any potatoes on hand. For example, you can use new potatoes or large red or yellow potatoes instead. Cut them into 1 1/2 in chunks.
- Make sure to buy thicker asparagus pieces. They seem to hold up better than thin.
- If you only have frozen asparagus, feel free to take it through the same process and add to the pan frozen. it made need an additional 5 minutes or so of roasting.
- To make this vegan or vegetarian simply remove the bacon and yogurt. For the dressing use a vegan mayo.
- Feel free to sub my homemade mayo or even sour cream for the Greek yogurt.
- Category: Side Dish/ Main Dish
- Calories: 237
- Sugar: 4.8
- Sodium: 278
- Fat: 12.1
- Carbohydrates: 27.2
- Fiber: 3.8
- Protein: 7.5
- Cholesterol: 10.6
Keywords: roasted potatoes, potatoes and asparagus, side dishes, healthy