You will not believe that these Lemon Vanilla Protein Donuts are gluten and dairy free. Each donut has 5 net carbs and 7 grams of protein and serves as the perfect breakfast, snack or dessert.
Donut Batter Ingredients
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1/3 cup Monk Fruit Granulates
- 1/3 cup Vanilla Protein Powder (plant based for dairy free)
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- small pinch of salt
- Pre-heat oven 350F
- Add all the donut ingredients into a medium bowl.
- Use an electric mixer on medium/high speed to completely combine the batter. Make sure to scrap down the sides of the bowl a few times while mixing.
- Grease a 6 hole donut pan and spray with cooking spray.
- Pour or pipe the batter evenly into the six molds.
- Bake 15-17 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Make sure not to overbake.
- Meanwhile, add the lemon glaze ingredients to a small bowl and whisk together.
- Remove the donuts and allow to cool in the pan 3-4 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Once cool, use a spoon to glaze each donut.
- Top each glazed donut with lemon zest and enjoy!
- For a simple glaze that does not include protein powder, mix 1/2 cup of Swerve confectioners sugar and 1/4 cup almond milk. Mix together until combined. Dip each donut into the glaze and allow to harden on the cooling rack.
- If the batter seems a little too thick, simply add a little more almond milk to thin it out some.
- For the glaze above, you can adjust the thickness by adding more or less almond milk. If it is too thick, add more milk. If it is too thin, add a bit more protein powder.
- If you do not have protein powder for the donut batter, just sub 1/4 cup coconut flour and 2 tbsp of almond milk in it’s place.
- Also, if you are not dairy free, feel free to sub 1 1/2 tbsp Greek Yogurt in the glaze ingredients.
- Store covered in the fridge for up to a week and freeze up to 3 months.
- Category: Dessert/Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Dairy Free, Gluten Free
- Serving Size: 1 donut
- Calories: 184
- Sugar: 1
- Sodium: 482
- Fat: 8
- Carbohydrates: 6
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 7