Keto Zuppa Toscana Soup
I crave Olive Garden’s Zuppa Tuscana’s Soup, so I wanted to create one that would align with my low-carb lifestyle. This Keto Zuppa Toscana Soup has all the same flavors as the traditional with an easy swap of cauliflower florets for potatoes. It is so flavorful and super filling. The perfect meal on a fall or winter evening or weekend!
How Is This Soup Considered Keto?
The traditional Zuppa Toscana Soup has potatoes, which are not considered keto. I simply switched to potatoes out for cauliflower florets and it honestly has such a similar taste. The cauliflower still has a crunch and almost tastes like a real potato. If you are living keto or low carb, you will absolutely love this swap.
Cooking Methods For This Keto Zuppa Toscana Soup
There are many different ways to cook this soup. It really depends on your time. Below are all the ways you can make:
- Crockpot: If you are running out the door in the morning and want dinner to be ready when you get home, the crockpot method is the way to go. Cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. I like to brown the sausage, garlic and onions together before adding to the crokpot.
- Instant Pot: Are you home after a long day and want to make something quick? If so, go with the instant pot method. It can be ready in under 20 minutes.
- Stovetop: This is my favorite method to use on the weekend. I can cook the sasuage on the stovetop in a dutch oven then add everything in and let it simmer throughout the afternoon. It makes my house smell amazing.
Storage & Meal Prep:
- Storage: In the refrigerator, your stock, soup or stew will keep for three to four days. For quick and easy reheating, store single-serving portions in individual containers. For family-sized meals, store the soup in larger, resealable containers, and make sure to heat and chill the soup properly when serving and re-storing.
- Meal Prep: If you are using this for meal prep, store the same way from above, but add the garnish in a different container. After you heat up your soup, add the garnish from the other container to the top.
Shop My Post
Want More Healthy Soup Recipes?
- Salsa Verde Chicken Soup
- Tuscan Sausage Soup
- Creamy Chicken Fajita Soup
- Hamburger Soup
- Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- Jalapeno Popper Soup
This Keto Zuppa Toscano Soup is packed with flavor that the whole family will love. It is packed with Italian Sausage, kale and tender cauliflower florets simmered in a delectable broth and topped with crispy bacon and red pepper flakes. Keto, Whole30, Paleo and Dairy-Free!
- 1 lb Italian or breakfast Sausage
- 2 tablespoons ghee or vegan butter
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon cooked and chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 small head fresh cauliflower, cut into thick florets
- 1 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 4 cups kale
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Heat a dutch oven over medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon ghee. Add in the onions and garlic. Cook together until fragrant, a minute or so. Add in the ground breakfast sausage and let simmer together for 5-6 minutes. Drain off any grease.
- Bring the dutch oven down to low heat. Add in the chicken broth, cauliflower florets, 1 tablespoon ghee, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Allow simmering for 20 minutes. Stir in cauliflower florets and simmer until almost tender, about 5-7 minutes. Add kale and the coconut milk; simmer until kale is wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat with o1 tablespoon ghee. Add in the onions and garlic. Cook together until fragrant, a minute or so. Add in the ground breakfast sausage and let simmer together for 5-6 minutes. Drain off any grease.
- Add everything into a 6qt Crockpot else except for the kale. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-7 hours. Add in the kale and allow to simmer until kale is wilted.
- Serve immediately with chopped bacon and fresh red pepper flakes or store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Press the saute function on the Instant Pot, and once hot, add the 1 tablespoon ghee. Add the onion and garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Stir often. Add the ground sausage. Brown for 5-6 minutes. Press cancel to turn off the saute feature. Drain off any grease.
- Add the chicken broth, cauliflower florets, red pepper flakes, 1 tablespoon ghee, salt, and pepper. . Secure the lid, turn to seal, and set the pot to high-pressure cook for 5 minutes.
- Carefully quick release the pressure. Add in the coconut milk and kale and stir together. Once kale is wilted, serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- For dairy-free simply use vegan butter instead of ghee
- Only 5.6 NET carbs per serving
- Category: Main Dish/Soup
- Method: Stovetop/Crockpot/Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 263
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 1159
- Fat: 18
- Carbohydrates: 8
- Fiber: 2.4
- Protein: 17
- Cholesterol: 65
Keywords: Keto Zuppa Toscana Soup, Keto Soup, Fall Recipes, Soup Recipes, Keto, Low Carb