I woke up the other day craving fries! I got my little booty in the kitchen and started creating something that would hit the spot and satisfy. A few hours later I came up with these bomb Bacon Wrapped Zucchini Fries. Y’all, they are to die for and the best part is they are Whole30, Keto, Paleo and Gluten Free.
Not only will these stratify your cravings, but in addition, they serve as a great meal or appetizer. I handed my husband a big plate of these Bacon Wrapped Zucchini Fries for dinner. I was convinced that I would have to make him something else to fill him up, but I was wrong, he loved that it was simple and it totally filled him up. He also requested the same thing the next day, so I would say they were a hit.
Football season is here and I am always looking for new yummy and healthy appetizers to add to our menu. This is now number one on the list. My husband even picks them before picking hot wings……I know, right?
For these Bacon Wrapped Zucchini Fries, I use almond flour with a simple yet flavorful seasoning and an egg wash for the zucchini slices. Next, I use no sugar added bacon and wrap each fry and add to a baking sheet. I cook them for 30 minutes, or until crispy. To really top them off, I make my homemade dairy free and Whole30 Ranch dressing that takes them way over the top.
Will these Bacon Wrapped Zucchini Fries get crispy?
These Bacon Wrapped Zucchini Fries won’t get super crispy, but they do have a great texture. They have a bit of a crisp, but due to the nature of the zucchini, it doesn’t get as crispy as a sweet potato fry would.
Can I add these to the Air Fryer?
Yes! Adding them to the air fryer is a great way to get them a bit more crispy. To cook in the air fryer, preheat the fryer to 400°F for 8 minutes. Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray and carefully place in the basket. Cook and flip halfway through the cooking process.Print
Need the perfect appetizer? I got you covered with these crispy and savory Bacon Wrapped Zucchini Fries that are exploding with flavor. To make them complete, be sure to dip in ranch dressing.
- Preheat oven to 425F and coat a baking sheet with cooking spray or foil. Prepare the zucchini by removing the ends with a knife and cutting in half then into 1/2-inch strips.
- In a shallow bowl, add the almond flour along with the garlic powder, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir with a spoon to combine.
- In a separate shallow bowl, wish the 2 eggs together.
- Working in batches, dip the zucchini strips into egg mixture with one hand, shake to remove excess and transfer to the other hand and roll in the almond flour mixture. Transfer coated zucchini strips to the prepared baking sheet.
- Transfer coated zucchini strips to the prepared baking sheet.
- On a cutting board place the 12 slices of bacon and cut each in half. Carefully take the bacon and wrap around each zucchini fry and lay bake on the bacon sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the bacon is crisp and sizzling.
- Dip in homemade ranch dressing and enjoy.
- Category: Appetizer, Main Dish
- Method: Oven/Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Keto, Whole30
- Serving Size: 2 fries
- Calories: 310
- Sugar: 1
- Sodium: 442
- Fat: 21
- Carbohydrates: 4
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 10
Shop My Post