Growing up, our Friday night tradition was to head to our local fish house and eat fried fish along with fried pickles. I still crave these often, so I decided to come up with my own clean version. These Air Fryer Fried Pickles dipped in my Boom Boom Fry Sauce will make you forget all about the unhealthy version. If you’re currently looking for a fun appetizer, look no further.
These pickles are crispy and the perfect appetizer for any social gathering or summertime BBQ. Additionally, they are Whole30, Keto and Paleo along with being dairy and grain free.
Not only does this serve as an amazing appetizer, but sometimes I will make them for my 5-year-old and serve with a sandwich. It’s a great alternative for chips. If you are needing the “crunch,” but don’t want all the funky ingredients or calories, this is the perfect alternative.
The almond flour mixture is filled with nutritional yeast along with other seasonings that packs a ton of flavor. To take things up a notch, I paired these pickles with my Boom Boom Fry Sauce. This sauce is filled with a little bit of everything and is absolutely divine. It tastes like In and Out Burger’s fry sauce, but much cleaner and in my opinion, tastier.
It’s good to know that it’s possible to create comfort recipes in a healthy and satisfying way. Although it does takes a little more effort, it’s totally worth it. This is a fun recipe that is sure to please anyone at the table and is a great spin on the classic.
On another note, my Air Fryer is easily becoming one of my favorite new kitchen gadgets. It makes cooking so quick and clean-up a piece of cake. I cook anything from a steak to chicken strips or sweet potato fries. Additionally, it comes in handy when needing to reheat leftovers.
In conclusion, these pickles are perfect if you are looking for a fun appetizer or chip alternative. Further, even the pickiest eater will crave these little golden circles of goodness.
What’s the main key to getting crispy fried pickles in the airy fryer?
- Spray the breaded pickles with olive oil cooking spray.
- Make sure there is room between each pickle. (This is crucial for getting a good crisp)
- Shaking the basket half way to make sure they are cooking evenly.
SHOP MY POST
Be sure to pin this recipe to your Pinterest board:
Love this recipe? Be sure to check out my other favorites below:
- BBQ Chicken Poppers (W30, Keto, Paleo)
- Buffalo Chicken Casserole (W30, Keto, Paleo)
- Shrimp Salad Cucumber Bites (W30, Keto, Paleo)
Crispy and savory air fryer fried pickles dipped in my creamy Boom Boom Fry Sauce. This recipe is Whole30, Keto and Paleo along with being dairy and gluten free.
Air Fryer Fried Pickles
- 2 Cups Pickle slices
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp canned coconut milk (unsweetened)
Boom Boom Fry Sauce
- 1 cup mayo
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp pickle juice
- 2 tbsp grated onions
- 1 1/2 tsp yellow mustard
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp Pink salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp compliant pickles (chopped)
Air Fryer Fried Pickles
- Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees.
- In a small bowl beat together egg and coconut milk.
- In a separate bowl, mix the almond flour along with the rest of the seasonings including the nutritional yeast.
- Place the 2 cups of pickles on a paper towel and pat dry. Dip each pickle slice in the egg wash, then the almond flour mixture until each pickle is completely coated.
- Working in 2 batches, place the pickle slices n the air fryer in a single layer at 390 degrees F and cook for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with my Boom Boom Fry Sauce.
Boom Boom Fry Sauce
- Place 1 cup of mayo in a jar and add in the rest of the ingredients to the mayo base and mix together with a spoon. This sauce will last a week in the fridge.
- Click here for my 60 Second Mayo recipe
- For best results, serve the pickles immediately after cooking.
- The nutrition below is calculated without the Boom Boom Fry Sauce.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 205
- Sugar: 1.8
- Sodium: 900
- Fat: 7.2
- Carbohydrates: 8
- Fiber: 2.5
- Protein: 7.2
Keywords: air fryer recipes, fried pickes, Whole30, Keto
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)