Harvest Chicken Apple Salad with Honey Lemon Vinaigrette (Paleo + Quick)
A quick, 20 minute recipe that tastes as good as it looks! The perfect combo of sweet and tart, this feel-good Fall salad will win you over. Paleo, healthy and family-friendly.
Autumn is the season of colors. Roads lined with rich & vibrant hues of yellows, oranges, and reds from the changing leaves. Pumpkin patches filling every empty lot. Crisp evenings warmed up with hot cider. My new, healthy Harvest Chicken Apple Salad with Honey Lemon Vinaigrette beautifully features the flavors, colors, and cozy feelings of Fall. Topped with grilled chicken, dried cranberries, toasted walnuts, and fresh apples, this yummy salad is the perfect mix of sweet and tart, with a delightful crunch. Make one for lunch, or serve it to guests, you can’t go wrong!
Why Use Green Apples?
Apple season is in full swing. There are so many delicious varieties, but for this salad, I highly recommend using green. Green apples (Granny Smith) are tart by nature and give this salad the bite it needs to blend with the sweetness of the cranberries and vinaigrette. However, If you only have red apples on hand, they will do just fine.
How to Serve This Salad
The great thing about this salad is that it only takes 20 minutes to make. It’s an easy go-to lunch entree option for a busy workday. However, you could also serve this beautiful salad as the main course at dinner, or double the recipe and bring it to your next Fall gathering.
Shop My Harvest Chicken Apple Salad with Honey Lemon Vinaigrette Post
Want More Healthy Recipes?
- Keto Steak Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette
- Cilantro Vinaigrette Chicken Wings
- Paleo Apple Pie Bites (No Bake)
Harvest Chicken Salad
- 4 cups arugula and spinach mix
- 4–4 oz chicken breasts
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 medium green apple, cored and chopped
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2 teaspoons ghee
Honey Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup light olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons honey or agave
- 1 clove garlic
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat with a tablespoon of avocado oil. Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper on each side. Add the chicken breasts to the skillet and brown on each side. Cook the chicken all the way through until it reaches an internal temperature of 165F. Remove the chicken from the skillet and let it rest on a plate for 5 minutes before slicing.
- In a small skillet, melt the ghee over medium-low heat. Add in the walnuts and salt. Stir/toss to coat; spread nuts in a single layer in pan. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 6 minutes. Be watchful, careful to not allow nuts to burn.
- To assemble the salad, layer the mixed greens in a large bowl. Then add the toasted walnuts, cranberries, sliced grilled chicken, and pieces of apples.
- Drizzle with dressing.
Honey Lemon Vinaigrette
- Add all of the ingredients to a wide-mouth mason jar and blend together with an immersion blender. If you don’t have an immersion blender, feel free to use a regular blender. Blend for 30 seconds or until combined. Store in the fridge for up to a week. Shake together to mix before serving.
- The nutritional information calculates 2 tablespoons of dressing per serving.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: Quick, Paleo, Salad
Pin This Harvest Chicken Apple Salad with Honey Lemon Vinaigrette Recipe
Welcome to Healthy Little Peach. I’m Mac, the lady behind the recipes. I believe in living a healthy lifestyle that consists of a mix of healthy whole foods, and full-fat comfort meals. Life is too short not to enjoy good food while maintaining a healthy body and mind. Here you will find gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, keto, and even full-fat comfort recipes. Let’s have fun in the kitchen together!