Farm Fresh Chicken Feta Pizza
I am a big advocate for living a healthy and happy life and part of that comes with knowing how to balance. Our family eats healthy and Paleo 90% of the time, but that doesn’t mean we can’t make eating healthy fun and delicious like with this Farm Fresh Chicken Feta Pizza using Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
This post was sponsored by Pompeian®
Part of my family’s self-care routine includes finding different ways to bring farm fresh, healthy ingredients into traditionally not-so-healthy meals. We love coming home on a Friday night, making a homemade pizza and snuggling on the couch with a good movie. Sure, take out pizza is easier, but there is nothing better than a farm fresh pizza made right in your kitchen.
I love that the whole family can get involved in this recipe! It’s always so special to have them in the kitchen with me cooking. These memories are ones you can’t get at a drive-thru.
If we have a homemade pizza on our menu for the week, I will head to our local farmer’s market and load up on fresh veggies and local meats. My favorite way to create a recipe is visiting the market and getting ideas based on what’s in season and available.
As a recipe creator, supporting our local farmers is very important to me. I find it exciting to create recipes using fresh ingredients from our local farmers who have worked hard to grow and provide for our community.
The best part of this Farm Fresh Chicken Feta Pizza is the Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil. It’s ingredients like this one that help my family to eat and live well. I love using this particular brand because they are a family of olive farmers and olive oil craftsman who strive to produce the best tasting, highest-quality, authentic olive oil at the best price.
I am convinced that they are passionate about their business, because they are olive oil people with personal touches of care and craftsmanship behind every bottle. They work extremely hard to deliver the best tasting, highest quality olive oil to kitchens everywhere, which pairs well with the other fresh ingredients I look to include in my recipes.
Can you freeze the pizza crust?
Yes, you can freeze the pizza crust. You can also cut this crust in half if you want to make smaller pizzas. Make sure to freeze the dough in an airtight freezer proof container. It will stay good in the freezer for up to 3 months.
How long will the Chicken Feta Pizza last in the fridge?
For this Farm Fresh Chicken Feta pizza, I never go over a couple of days in the fridge. From experience, I have found that it gets super soggy if stored in the fridge longer than 2 days. For optimal freshness, be sure to serve immediately after cooking.
Shop my post below
Want more healthy, yet delicious recipes? Be sure to check out my favorites below.Print
- 2 3/4 cups bread flour
- 3/4 cup cashew cream ((see recipe below))
- 1 package instant yeast
- 1 tsp sugar or sweetener of choice ((I used monk fruit))
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 tbsp Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/4 cup warm water
- Balsamic Glaze ((for garnish))
- 2 cups cooked chicken ((chopped))
- 3/4 cup feta cheese
- 1 large tomato ((thinly sliced))
- 1/2 medium red onion ((thinly sliced))
- 1 cup spinach
- Garnish with microgreens and drizzle with more Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and balsamic glaze
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup ((or sweetener of choice))
- 1 cup RAW cashews
- 2 1/4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 5 1/2 tbsp hot water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch of cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, add the package of yeast and sweetener along with warm water. Allow this mixture to sit for 5 minutes to become creamy and frothy.
- To a large bowl, add the flour, and salt. Before transferring the liquid, add the Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and combine with the liquid mixture. Transfer the wet mix to the dry mix.
- Mix together with a spatula until a sticky doughy ball forms.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface, kneading into a smooth ball of dough. Add extra flour if needed.
- Once ball is smooth, roll the dough with a rolling pin into the desired shape of choice.
- Transfer the shaped dough to a lightly greased pan.
- Add the cashew sauce and layer with the rest of the pizza topping. I usually go in this order: Cashew sauce, tomatoes, chopped chicken, sliced onions, feta cheese, and spinach.
- Add pizza to oven and cook for 20-25 minutes. Garnish with microgreens and drizzle with more Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil and balsamic glaze
- Add a small saucepan over medium heat along with the balsamic vinegar and sweetener of choice. Heat until it starts to bubble and bowl. Reduce the heat and let simmer for around 10 minutes or until half is reduced. It should be a thicker consistency.
- In a high speed blender, add all the ingredients for the cashew cream and blend on high until smooth.
Note: If you have leftover balsamic glaze, store in a glass bottle with airtight lid and it will stay good up to 3 months in the fridge.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Appetizer, Main Dish, Snack
Welcome to Healthy Little Peach. I’m Mac, the lady behind the recipes. I believe in living a healthy lifestyle that consists of a mix of healthy whole foods, and full-fat comfort meals. Life is too short not to enjoy good food while maintaining a healthy body and mind. Here you will find gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, keto, and even full-fat comfort recipes. Let’s have fun in the kitchen together!