Fajita Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
I love how you can turn a plain boring sweet potato into a magical meal just by adding a combination of protein and veggies. These Whole30 compliant Fajita Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are the perfect lunch or dinner. The possibilities are endless when it comes to stuffing sweet potatoes. Sometimes I will use shredded pork, chicken and even throw a fried egg on top. Sweet potatoes are a great base for any meal.
To make life easier, I cooked my sweet potatoes in the Instant Pot and dinner was ready in 20 minutes. Feel free to get creative and try different combinations to come up with something magical. Don’t forget my number one tip….ALWAYS make extras for leftovers. At my house, leftovers save lives.
Click here to pin to your Pinterest board
- 5 sweet potatoes
- 1 flank or skirt steak (thinly sliced)
- 1 bag frozen peppers and onions ((I use Pic Sweet from Walmart))
- ghee (as desired)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (for cooking)
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup roma tomaotes (diced)
- 3 tbsp red onions (thinly diced)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp lime juice (fresh)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes
- Clean the skins of your sweet potatoes and place to the side.
- Place steamer rack/basket (the one that comes with your instant pot) in the Instant Pot and add 1 cup of water. Add your sweet potatoes to the top of the steamer rack.
- Cover and place vent or valve on lid to “sealed”.
- Use the manual mode on the Instant Pot and set to pressure cook on high for 18 minutes. (cooked 5 potatoes and they were medium sized)
- Allow pressure to release naturally. This process will usually take around 10 minutes.
- Once pressure is released, go ahead and open lid and remove potatoes.
Fajita Steak and Peppers
- Thinly slice your skirt or flank steak.
- Add your steak to a hot skillet with olive oil, and fajita seasoning (2 tbsp) along with your bag of mixed peppers and onions (I use 1 bag of the PicSweet brand from Walmart)
- Cook until steak, peppers and onions are at desired doneness.
- Peal your avocados and add to a bowl.
- Add your onions, tomatoes and seasoning and mix together with a fork until smooth.
- Mix all together and use 2 tbsp in fajita meat and peppers.
Stuffed Sweet Potaotes
- Stuff each sweet potato with fajita mixture and top with fresh guacamole.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Mexican
Welcome to Healthy Little Peach. I’m Mac, the lady behind the recipes. I believe in living a healthy lifestyle that consists of a mix of healthy whole foods, and full-fat comfort meals. Life is too short not to enjoy good food while maintaining a healthy body and mind. Here you will find gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, keto, and even full-fat comfort recipes. Let’s have fun in the kitchen together!