A savory and creamy tortellini soup filled with ground sausage, cream cheese, spinach, tomatoes and chicken broth. Super easy to make and can be on your dinner table in 40 minutes.
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 (17 oz) bag cheese tortellini
- 1 (6-oz) bag baby spinach
- 6–7 cups chicken broth
- 2 (14-oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 block cream cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium skillet, add the sausage and brown,until cooked through completely. Remove the sausage and transfer to a plate with a paper towel so that the grease can drain.
- In a large Dutch Oven or pot, add the cooked sausage, chicken broth, diced tomatoes, cream cheese and sausage.
- Allow these ingredients to cook together until it becomes creamy and the cream cheese is completely melted.
- Add the bags of cheese tortellini along with salt and pepper to taste. Let this simmer at a low heat until pasta is done. You want the pasta to be firm and grow in size. Around 8-10 minutes.
- Finally, add the bag of spinach and let cook down, around 3-4 additional minutes.
- Don’t boil or cook at a higher heat. This will break down the pasta making the noodles mushy.
- This recipe is a great crock pot option also. You will have to brown your sausage before adding to the crock pot in addition to leaving out the tortellini until the last 10-12 minutes of cooking.
- For the crock-pot cook on low for 6-7 hours
- This recipe will last 1 week stored in a sealed container or jar. You can also freeze in a freezer proof container for up to 3 months.
- If you like more veggies in your soup, feel free to add another half bag of spinach.
- Category: Dinner/Soup