Soup makes me so happy, therefore I am constantly trying to create new comforting recipes. Hands down, this Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Soup with Prosciutto is one of my favorite soups off all time! It’s hard to believe that it’s Paleo, Whole30 and even Keto compliant. Isn’t is great when recipes can tastes good with minimal clean ingredients?
How to make this Cauliflower Soup:
Firstly, I roast a whole garlic clove along with cauliflower and onions. Roasting a whole garlic bulb is one of my favorite ways to bring amazing flavor to any dish. Simply cut the top off and throw on a sheet pan, pop it in the oven. It is simple and doesn’t take much effort or work.
Secondly, I coat a baking pan with olive oil and chop the other veggies. Then, I cover it with the big chunks of onions, cauliflower and the garlic bulb. Before adding to the oven I drizzle everything with additional olive oil and salt and pepper. Once the veggies have roasted, I blend them all together in my Vitamix along with some coconut milk, chicken broth, salt, pepper and paprika. During this process, the soup will turn in to a creamy and thick consistency.
Finally, I topped with cooked spinach, sautéed mushrooms and heated prosciutto, pistachios then drizzled with olive oil. The flavors in this soup come together to make the most magical meal that will please everyone in the family.
In other words, the kids won’t even know it is cauliflower.Additionally, it is even husband friendly. For example, my husband, Joel will gobble up 2 big bowls and usually ask for a third. Needless to say, he loves this soup.
I will have to say, I felt fancy cooking this meal because it was the first time I used my new LeCreuset Dutch Oven and Mini Cocottes. Oh my goodness, I think it made my food taste better.Additionally, I love the color and the quality of this cookware better than any other I have used. This brand is a bit pricey, but so worth it.
In conclusion, if you are looking for something new and flavorful, I highly recommend giving this soup a try. It is creamy, satisfying and filling and so incredibly comforting on a cold winter afternoon.
Click below to save this recipe to your Pinterest board:
Shop My Cauliflower Soup Post:
Like this recipe? Be sure to check out my other favorite soup recipe below:
- Stuffed Pepper Soup (Whole30, Keto, Paleo)
- Butternut Squash Soup (Whole30, Paleo)
- Ramen Zoodle Bowl (Whole30, Keto, Paleo)
A creamy and smooth roasted cauliflower and garlic soup topped with sautéed spinach, mushrooms, heated prosciutto, and crunchy pistachios. This recipe is Whole30, Keto, and Paleo complaint along with being gluten and dairy free.
- 1 large head cauliflower (about 8 cups cut into chunks)
- 1 medium medium garlic bulb (with top cut off)
- 1 medium sweet yellow onion
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (canned unsweetened )
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt (or more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp pepper (or more to taste)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 3 tbsp pistachios
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 cups spinach
- 4–6 slices prosciutto
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Clean and cut the cauliflower head into florets along with cutting the sweet onion into big chunks. Add to a baking sheet and toss in 1 tbsp of olive oil and season with sea salt and pepper.
- Cut the top of the garlic bulb and add to the baking sheet along with a little olive oil and salt and pepper on the top.
- Roast all the veggies for 30-35 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender and caramelized on the edges. Make sure to toss halfway through and to keep an eye on the veggies during roasting. If they begin to burn, reduce heat to 400F
- Once the cauliflower is done, add all the veggies including the roasted garlic (removed from the bulb and skin) and onions to the Dutch Oven or large soup pot.
- To the veggies add 3 cups of chicken broth, 1/2 cup of coconut milk, ghee and paprika. Bring to a boil and allow to simmer 3-5 minutes.
- Transfer everything from the Dutch Oven to a Vitamix or blender and blend until smooth. If you don’t have a blender, you can also use an immersion blender to blend the veggies and broth until creamy.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat and add in 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Sautée the mushrooms and spinach until tender. Remove the greens/mushrooms and heat the prosciutto.
- Ladle soup into a bowl and top with the spinach and mushroom mixture along with the warm prosciutto, olive oil and pistachios.
- This soup will last in the fridge for up to one week and 3 months in the freezer.
- Since all ovens cook differently, I highly suggest keeping an eye on your veggies throughout roasting. If you see they are burning, reduce the heat to 400F.
- If the garlic isn’t tender after the 30-35 minutes, remove all other veggies and add the garlic back in for another 10 minutes or so.
- Category: Soup/Main Dish
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Cauliflower Soup, Soup Recipes, Roasted Garlic