Hey, Hi, Hello…I’m bringing you a delicious Butternut Squash Soup recipe that is sure to warm your cute little booties up on these upcoming fall and winter days. I love everything about soup and all the feels I get when slurping it down by a cozy fire. This recipe is Whole30 and Paleo compliant and is even low in carbs, which makes it even better. This beautiful bowl of goodness is approved by my kid, husband and even my pugs. Its a real crowd pleaser!
There is something magical about roasted veggies blended into a soup, the flavors are just so intense and amazing. The mix of carrots, butternut squash, onions and garlic makes for the perfect creamy delicious bowl of awesomeness. Adding coconut milk, olive oil, ghee and blending it all together in my Vitamix makes the perfect lunch, dinner or heck, even breakfast.
To finish, I will drizzle the top with fresh coconut milk, pumpkin seeds and crispy compliant bacon pieces. Additionally, this bowl of deliciousness a great choice for any meal. Try warming up some of this soup in a mug in the mornings and sip on it on your drive to work.
It seems like I am always running around like a chicken with my head cut off so to support my busy life, I will make a big batch of this soup on Sunday and use for meals throughout the week. On occasion I will make 2 batches and freeze the second batch for an easy meal later in the month. I will throw the frozen block of soup in my Dutch Oven and heat on the stove top and it will be ready to go in 20-30 minutes. Serve with a side salad and you have yourself a lovely and flavorful meal.
Can you freeze this Butternut Squash Soup?
You can absolutely freeze this soup recipe. I love whipping up a few batches of this soup and storing in freezer proof containers. When ready to eat, I will thaw and reheat in my dutch oven. Freezing is perfect if you are craving a bowl of creamy butternut squash soup on a crisp fall day but don’t feel like cooking.
Click below to save to your Pinterest board
Shop My Post
A creamy Whole30, Low Carb and Paleo compliant decadent Butternut Squash Soup that is sure to warm the soul. This is a great dish for a fall or winter day.
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 large butternut squash
- 3 large carrots ((dice in big chunks))
- 1 medium onion ((quarter the onion, big chunks))
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chicken bone broth
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cilantro pumpkin seeds or just plain seeds will work
- Preheat oven to 425º. Line a large roasting sheet with parchment paper. Place the butternut squash cut in half lengthwise (removing seeds), carrots, onion, and garlic on a roasting sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Add to the top shelf of your oven.
- After 20 minutes of roasting, remove the onions and garlic. After 45 minutes, remove the squash and carrots. Make sure it is fork tender and allow to cool before scooping out the squash.
- Once cool, start scooping out the inside and transfer the squash and carrots to your blender (I use a Vitamix) with your onions and garlic. Add 2 cups of compliant chicken stock and 1/2 cup bone broth to the mix (If you don’t have bone broth, just use regular broth). Depending on desired consistency, add more broth for thinner soup and less for thicker consistency.
- Add in your ghee and coconut milk and blend until all ingredients are smooth.
- Add more seasoning to taste and top with bacon and pumpkin seeds. Drizzle everything with fresh coconut milk to make the flavors explode.
- Cuisine: Soup