Creamy Chicken and Tomato Bake
People who eat dairy have all the fun right? The cheese, the dessert, the creaminess! They get to enjoy delicious food that tastes so good but makes some of us feel so bad! Now that I am dairy-free, I’ve been working hard to figure out ways to get some of that creamy goodness back into my recipes, without the icky feelings afterward. Thanks to genius brands like Kite Hill, it’s possible, and I have this amazing Creamy Chicken and Tomato Bake recipe to prove it!
Ingredients in Creamy Chicken and Tomato Bake
I love meals where all the ingredients bake in one dish. Easy prep, easy cleanup, yes, please! To make this yummy dish, here’s the list of the ingredients you’ll need, and I bet you’ll have many of them on hand!
- Chicken Breast
- Kite Hill Dairy Free Cream Cheese
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Fresh Basil
- Garlic Cloves
- Olive Oil
If you are not dairy-free or keto you can use feta or regular cream cheese and even add in pasta to make it more filling.
How to Serve This Creamy Chicken & Tomato Bake
Serve this dish over just about anything! Try these ideas to keep your meal Keto and Whole30 compliant:
- Zucchini Zoodles
- Spaghetti Squash
- Cauliflower Rice
Tips & Tricks
- After baking, use tongs to shred the chicken and garlic cloves.
- Once you’ve shredded the chicken and garlic, use a spoon and mix everything together.
- Garnish with fresh basil.
Are Nut Cheeses like Kite Hill Whole30 Compliant?
“Nut cheeses and dips ARE compliant on the program, with a strong caveat that these should be used with caution, especially if you know you rely on cheese as comfort or stress-relieving food, OR if cheese is a trigger for other food cravings (like wine or crackers). As with Larabars or almond butter, Whole30 HQ and our Coaches all recommend that program participants use with caution, and think critically about whether including these foods in their Whole30 is a healthy choice, given their contexts and goals.”
Shop My Post
Want More Easy Chicken Recipes?
- Sun-dried Tomato, Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
- BLT Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Peppers
- Shredded Teriyaki Chicken
My Creamy Chicken and Tomato Bake is the perfect one-pan meal to add to your dinner rotation. With just a few ingredients, this creamy, dairy-free dish is one the whole family will enjoy and is ready in no time! Keto, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, and Whole30.
- 3–4 large chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb whole cherry tomatoes (2 cups)
- 1 8 oz container Kite Hill Cream Cheese
- 4 garlic cloves
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup chopped onions
- 6–7 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large baking dish add the chicken breast in a single line down the middle of the baking dish. Pour the tomatoes, onions, garlic, and salt/pepper over the chicken. Drizzle the olive oil over the top of all of the ingredients.
- Scoop out the cream cheese and place it in the middle of the baking dish, atop the chicken and other ingredients.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (165˚F internal temp).
- After the chicken is cooked to temperature, remove the dish from the oven. Using tongs, shred the chicken and garlic cloves. Once shredded, use a spoon and mix everything together.
- Serve hot over zoodles and if desired, garnish with fresh basil.
- Storage: Store in an airtight container for 4 days.
- If you are not dairy-free, feel free to use regular cream cheese
Keywords: Creamy Chicken Bake, Keto, Whole30