- 1 lb sausage
- 1 clove garlic (,pressed)
- 1/2 vidalia onions (finely diced)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 mini multi color peppers (,(cutting the 8 peppers in half will make 16 total peppers to stuff))
- 8 slices bacon (,cut in half to make 16 slices (no sugar added))
- 1 cup mayo (,see notes for homemade recipe)
- 1 tbsp chopped onions
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp coconut aminos
- Heat a cast iron or nonstick skillet over medium heat with 1 tbsp olive oil. Also preheat oven to 400°F
- Add the pressed or finely chopped garlic clove along with the diced onions to the hot skillet. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Add 1 pound of compliant sausage to the onions and garlic. Cook 7-8 minutes and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- While the sausage is cooking, get the mini peppers ready and make Mac’s Awesome Sauce.
- Cut each mini pepper in half long way. Remove seeds and membranes. Place halved mini peppers on a baking sheet, cut sides up.
- For the Mac’s Sauce: Add 1 cup of compliant mayo to a mixing bowl along with the onions, coconut aminos, salt and pepper. Mix with a spoon until combined.
- Add 3 tbsp (or more, depending on level of creaminess you want) of Mac’s Sauce to the sausage and mix until combined.
- Using a spoon, add the sausage mixture into each half of the mini peppers.
- Take 8 slices of bacon and cut in half. Carefully wrap ½ slice of bacon around each mini pepper stuffed with the creamy sausage.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Serve with the remaining Mac’s Awesome Sauce for dipping.
Mayo recipe: (1 cup of light olive oil, 1 egg, 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 to 1 tsp lemon juice) Add all your ingredients to a mason jar and use your immersion blender to mix together until thick and creamy. Add to a mason jar
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 28 minutes
- Category: Appetizer