Sweet Potato Nacho Skins
All you sweet potato lovers, this recipe is for you! The taste is so divine, It almost feels like you are cheating on Whole 30. I love creating new recipes that allow me to enjoy a healthy lifestyle and also make my husband jump for joy, this one didn’t disappoint.These little babies can serve as a meal, appetizer and geez, you could even eat them for breakfast. You can whip this recipe up in 30 minutes and they will even make your kids reach for seconds.
The bottom layer of the sweet potato is my Whole 30 homemade guacamole, (recipe can be found in previous post with my Guacamole Chicken recipe). In addition to the guacamole, you can opt to make a homemade ranch dressing that is approved, or use the Whole 30 complaint mayo from Tessemae’s. I always like the taste of the homemade version the best, though.These 2 sauces and toppings are things I keep in my fridge daily, they can really go on spice up anything.
On top of the guacamole, I add shredded chicken, but you could add any protein that you would like. Top with salsa, green onions, red onions and of course, ranch. You don’t even need a fork, just throw on a paper plate and eat with your hands. This is the perfect weeknight meal that is both delicious and easy.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 4 large chicken breast
- 2 medium avocadoes (ripe)
- 1 roma tomato (chopped)
- 2 tbsp red onions (chopped)
- 1 tsp Garlic salt
- 1 whole Lime (juice)
- salt & pepper to taste
Sweet Potato Skins
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
Cover a large baking pan with parchment paper.
- Trim both ends from the sweet potato using a knife. Slice sweet potato lengthwise into ¼-inch thick slabs using a knife.
- Arrange the long pieces in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle garlic salt and pepper on each side of the potato.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender but not fully cooked. I usually flip mine on the halfway mark so they get crispy on each side. Keep an eye out so they don’t burn.
- Heat your skillet on medium/high with olive oil.
- Add in 4 chicken breast and cook until crispy on each side.
- Take out chicken and place on cutting board. Chop into thin pieces.
- Place your sweet potatoes slices on a plate and cover with a top layer of guacamole.
- Next, start covering the guacamole with a layer of chopped chicken.
- Sprinkle chopped green and red onion.
- Drizzle with Whole 30 ranch or your choice of dressing. ENJOY!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Appetizer, Main Dish
- Cuisine: Chicken
Welcome to Healthy Little Peach. I’m Mac, the lady behind the recipes. I believe in living a healthy lifestyle that consists of a mix of healthy whole foods, and full-fat comfort meals. Life is too short not to enjoy good food while maintaining a healthy body and mind. Here you will find gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, keto, and even full-fat comfort recipes. Let’s have fun in the kitchen together!