Who doesn’t love a good donut? Especially a healthy one that is filled with protein and goodness. My new Strawberry and Cream Protein Donuts with Glaze will prove that healthy can also be delicious. They are Macro & Kid Friendly along with being gluten and dairy free.
Ingredient List for these Strawberry and Cream Donuts:
- Almond Flour
- Monk Fruit Granulates
- Almond milk, unsweetened
- Lemon juice
- Fresh strawberries
- Coconut oil
- Baking powder
- Vanilla Protein Powder (plant based)
- Plain dairy free yogurt or sub Greek Yogurt if not dairy free
What’s the protein powder to use?
Currently, I am both gluten and dairy free and have found some great tasting plant based protein powders. Below are a few of my favorites!
How to make this recipe Dairy Free:
This recipe can easily be tailored to dairy free. First, make sure you are using a plant based protein powder. It should clear state that it is gluten free. Remember, if whey is included in the ingredients, that means it is dairy. Be sure to check out my protein list above and check out my favorite dairy free choices.
As for the glaze, you can use Greek Yogurt or for a dairy free option, you can sub almond or coconut yogurt. Below are a few of my favorite brands that taste good. Make sure to purchase the plain unflavored in these brands.
- Daiya’s Yogurt
- Anita’s Plain Coconut Yogurt
- Cocoyo Living Coconut Yogurt
- So Delicious Coconut Milk Yogurt
- Silk, Almond or Coconut Milk Yogurt
- Forager Coconut Milk, Plain Yogurt
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1/3 cup Monk Fruit Granulates
- 1/3 cup Vanilla Protein Powder (plant based for dairy free)
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 large strawberries, diced
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- small pinch of salt
- Pre-heat oven 350F
- Add all the donut ingredients except for the diced strawberries into a medium bowl.
- Use an electric mixer on medium/high speed to completely combine the batter. Make sure to scrap down the sides of the bowl a few times while mixing.
- Fold in the diced strawberries in with a spatula.
- Grease a 6 hole donut pan and spray with cooking spray.
- Pour or pipe the batter evenly into the six molds.
- Bake 15-17 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Make sure not to overbake.
- Meanwhile, add the glaze ingredients to a small bowl and whisk together.
- Remove the donuts and allow to cool in the pan 3-4 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Once cool, use a spoon to glaze each donut.
- Top each glazed donut with freshly diced strawberries and enjoy!
- For a simple glaze that does not include protein powder, mix 1/2 cup of Swerve confectioners sugar and 1/4 cup almond milk. Mix together until combined. Dip each donut into the glaze and allow to harden on the cooling rack.
- If the batter seems a little too thick, simply add a little more almond milk to thin it out some.
- For the glaze above, you can adjust the thickness by adding more or less almond milk. If it is too thick, add more milk. If it is too thin, add a bit more protein powder.
- Also, if you are not dairy free, feel free to sub 1 1/2 tbsp Greek Yogurt in the glaze ingredients.
- Store covered in the fridge for up to a week and freeze up to 2 months.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Category: Breakfast/Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Keto, Paleo, Gluten Free
- Serving Size: 1 donut
- Calories: 147
- Sugar: 1.8
- Fat: 4
- Carbohydrates: 7
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 6.5
Keywords: Donuts, Protein Donuts, Keto Donuts, Keto, Gluten Free, Paleo
Shop my post:
Be sure to pin these Strawberry and Cream Protein Donuts:
Love this recipe? Be sure to check out my other favorites below:
Welcome to Healthy Little Peach. I’m Mac, the lady behind the recipes. I believe in living a healthy lifestyle that consists of a mix of healthy whole foods, and full-fat comfort meals. Life is too short not to enjoy good food while maintaining a healthy body and mind. Here you will find gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, keto, and even full-fat comfort recipes. Let’s have fun in the kitchen together!