Need a quick Whole30 or Paleo option for the upcoming Labor Day weekend or even something yummy take to your next Game-Day gathering? These Pulled Pok Sliders will not disappoint. They are crispy, pack a punch of flavor and are easy whip up in no time. The bite size portions make mouth popping a piece of cake. I am not sure “mouth popping” is a word or saying, but just go with it, it sounds incredible.
Who doesn’t love a good slider, right? These babies would be yummy with beef, chicken or any other protein source, but the shredded pork gives it a whole new spin. Topped with crispy coleslaw, red and green onions and drizzled with my Whole30 compliant Ranch, makes for the perfect little appetizer. If the ranch dressing isn’t enough to make your mouth water, then don’t even get me started on the crispy sweet potato buns. These little cutie pies make everything taste better. They are such an amazing substitute for bread and buns, you won’t even miss the real thing. I usually make these for a fun Friday night meal and serve with a side salad. They can be enjoyed with a side or just eat as an appetizer.
I totally get if you are trying to live a healthy lifestyle, you can dread attending a family or friendly gathering because of all the tempting and unhealthy food. Being surrounded by chips, chocolate cake and wine can make you cave and sabotage your thinking. That’s why it is SO VERY important to be prepared. Be the oddball and take something that is both yummy, healthy and fits into your lifestyle diet. Even if you have one good option at a party that will fulfill and satisfy, then your time can be spent actually visiting and not obsessing over food.
Whole30 and Paleo version of pulled pork sliders topped with coleslaw, red and green onions, drizzled with complaint ranch.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 lb pulled pork
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 tbsp green onions ((chopped))
- 1/3 cup red onions ((chopped))
- 1/4 cup ranch ((Whole 30 Approved version))
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lemon ((juice))
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp pickle juice
- 3 tbsp Cilantro
Sweet Potato Buns and Pork
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and spray with olive oil cooking spray.
- Slice your sweet potatoes in 1/4 inch round. Arrange in a single layer on your parchment paper.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned, flipping them halfway.
- Heat a dutch oven or skillet on medium heat with olive oil.
- Add your pulled pork. (You can make your own, but for quick cooking I buy the Members Mark brand at Sams. It is precoocked and Whole 30 approved.) Sprinkle with a little salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- I usually heat the pork until it is a little crispy.
- Add your coleslaw mix to a big bowl.
- Add juice of 1 lemon, apple cider vineager, and pickle juice and mix together
- Top with red onions, cilantro, salt and pepper and mix all together.
- Lay out your cooked sweet potato buns on a clean dish.
- Layer with shredded pork, coleslaw and top with red and green onions.
- Drizzle with Whole30 Ranch and ENJOY!
Click here to find my Whole30 Ranch recipe
- Category: Appetizer, Main Dish
- Cuisine: Pork