Keto Pesto Grilled Cheese
I’m still a child at heart and love a good grilled cheese. I combined my two favorite combinations to make the best Keto Pesto Grilled Cheese. Not only are the flavors out of this world, but this recipe is keto, plant-based, dairy-free, and vegan. Healthy never tasted so good!
This is a sponsored post with Carbonaut, but all opinions remain my own
What Makes Carbonaut So Awesome?
- Carbonaut is a family-owned company on a mission to bring you low-carb bread that tastes as it came from the corner bakery.
- They deliver a superior taste and texture to ensure you can enjoy low-carb bread without compromise.
- BRAND NEW: They just dropped a new gluten-free keto bread that is incredible. Usually, gluten-free bread is tiny, but Carbonaut has large slices and the taste is out of this world!
- Their gluten-free breads have only 1 gram of net carb per serving, no more than 50 calories, and 13-14 grams of fiber.
- This bread is Gluten Free, Keto-Certified, Non-GMO Project Verified, and 100% plant-based.
- They currently offer two-three varieties of gluten-free bread: Cinnamon Raisin, a Seeded, and a White Bread.
Read more here about how and why this bread is lower in carbs.
Where Can You Buy Carbonaut?
- The new gluten-free loaves are available at Whole Foods and Sprouts nationwide. They will be available online at Amazon.com and TheOvenDoor.co by the middle of July.
Vegan Pesto & Vegan Mozzarella
- Vegan Pesto: For the pesto, I make my own. I use fresh ingredients and clean ingredients. You can grab the recipe for my vegan and dairy-free pesto here. If you don’t want to make your own, below are some great brand options you can buy!
- Trader Joe’s Vegan Pesto
- Seggiano Fresh Basil Pesto
- Sacla Vegan Pesto
- Vegan Mozzarella Cheese: I am a big fan of plant-based mozzarella cheese. Below are my favorite brands that taste amazing.
- Miyoko’s Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
- So Delicious Mozzarella Cheese
- Violife Mozzaerlla Cheese
- Trader Joe’s Vegan Mozzarella
If you are like me and still crave bread while living low carb or keto, now you can have it with Carbonaut. I highly recommend giving them a try. You will be shocked at how it tastes identical to bread filled with carbs. I love stocking up and adding to my freezer so the bread lasts even longer. When I’m ready to eat a slice or two, I simply thaw and enjoy!Print
This Keto Pesto Grilled Cheese takes things up a notch with homemade pesto, dairy-free mozzarella cheese, keto bread, and ghee. This gourmet sandwich will hit the spot and make you feel fancy! Keto and Dairy Free
- 2 slices Carbonaut Gluten-Free Keto Bread
- 2 tablespoon vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons vegan pesto
- 2 sliced plant-based mozzarella cheese
- Spread the pesto on each slice of the bread. Top with mozzarella cheese and close the sandwich and press firmly on the top.
- In a medium skillet, heat about 1 tablespoon of vegan butter over medium-low heat until just melted.
- Place your sandwich in the skillet and spread the remaining vegan butter over the top of the sandwich.
Cook on each side for about 5-6 minutes on low heat or until each side is a nice crispy golden brown.
Click here for my Vegan Pesto recipe
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Stovetop