- 1/3 cup ghee melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp water
- 2/3 cup Swerve Sweetener ( or other natural sweetener of choice)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp cream of tarter
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (Lily’s Chocolate Chips for Keto version)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- coarse sea salt to garnish
- crushed candy canes to garnish (optional, not Keto or Paleo)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Use a 8X8 baking pan
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients.
- In a separate mixing bowl add in all the dry ingredients and mix together until everything is combined.
- Add the dry ingredients into your wet ingredients in 1/4 cup increments. This is to make sure it blends nicely together. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use your rubber spatula, scraping the sides of the bowl and transfer the batter evenly to your baking dish.
- Add to the oven and bake between 20-25 minutes. I usually bake mine at 21 minutes for a gooey texture. If you like your brownies harder, I would suggest baking for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting and top with coarse sea salt, and melted chocolate chips. (Optional: top with peppermints if not Keto or Paleo)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Cuisine: Dessert