Keto Meatball Poppers (Quick and Easy)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
WHAT ARE MEATBALLS POPPERS
Meatball Poppers are just a regular meatball that has been baked with marinara sauce drenched over the top and covered with either provolone or mozzarella cheese. These meatballs can be dipped in either pizza or marinara sauce for the perfect yummy appetizer. These are Keto and Macro compliant.
TIPS & TRICKS
- Don’t use shredded cheese. Make sure to use the slices of mozzarella or provolone and cut them into squares. This will ensure that the meatball is evenly covered with a thick layer of cheese.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley not only for a beautiful presentation, but also for additional texture and flavor.
- If you don’t want to make your own meatballs, you can buy precooked meatballs at either Sam’s Club or Walmart.
- Cook a big batch of these on Sunday and use them for meal prep during the week. You can serve them with veggie noodles, salads and even cauliflower or regular rice for a complete recipe.
HOW TO SERVE
Serve on a cutting board with either pizza or marinara sauce and garnish with fresh parsley. To make this easy to serve, place toothpicks or appetizer stick in a small dish beside the meatballs. This will allow for easy dipping into the sauce!
In addition to serving these as an appetizer, you can also use them as a entrée. Add these meatballs on top of noodles, veggie noodles or even rice for a delicious and complete meal.
HOW TO STORE THESE MEATBALL POPPERS
Store any leftover meatballs in an air tight container and place in the fridge for up to one week. You can also freeze these in a freezer safe container for up to 3 months. Simply thaw and reheat in the air fryer, oven or even the microwave.
SHOP MY POST
MORE MEATBALL RECIPES
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 sweet onion diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 slices of provolone or mozzarella cheese cut into fourths
- 1/2 cup marinara or pizza sauce
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the ground beef and pork, beaten egg, almond flour, tomato sauce, salt, garlic, basil, oregano, parsley, chopped onions, pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Using a spoon, scoop the meat and shape into 1 1/2-inch meatballs (size of a golf balls). Transfer and arrange on the prepared baking sheet. You should have about 20 meatballs total. Brush the tops of the meatballs with the olive oil.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the internal temperature of the meatballs read 165 F on a meat thermometer. Remove from the oven and top each meatball with a tablespoon of marinara sauce and a square slice of cheese.
- Turn the oven to broil and transfer the pan of meatballs back to the oven. Keep a close eye on them and cook until the cheese has melted. Maybe 2-3 minutes, top.
- Serve immediately with toothpicks and a side of marinara sauce.
- Store any leftover in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.