Keto Air Fryer Shrimp
Published Jun 28, 2020 Updated Apr 15, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These Keto Air Fryer Shrimp are so crispy and delicious you won’t believe they’re healthy. To top them off, I dip them in my homemade Keto Sweet Chili Sauce that’s simply tasty. This combo is so amazing is will leave you craving it weekly. The shrimp is Whole30, Keto and Paleo while the sauce is not considered Whole30, but Paleo and Keto.
Shrimp is something I love incorporating in my weekly menu because it’s easy and quick to whip up. It’s also very versatile and can be grilled, broiled or fried. My all time favorite way to make shrimp though is in the air fryer. For this recipe, I toss in a almond flour coating and fry in the air fryer. They take only 8 minutes to make and they turn out so crispy and tender.
These Keto Air Fryer Shrimp can serve as the perfect party appetizer or a scrumptious family dinner. You can mix up the flavor combo by dipping in my homemade Sweet Chili Sauce, ranch dressing or even a clean cocktail.
Tips for these Keto Air Fryer Shrimp
- Flipping the shrimp halfway through cooking is very important. This will insure that this cooks the shrimp evenly and gets crispy on each side.
- Spray the shrimp with cooking spray before cooking and again when you remove the basket at the halfway mark. This will give the shrimp a nice crispy finish.
- I usually use a 2 step process for coating my shrimp. However, if you want a thicker coating, feel free to double dip the shrimp. Meaning, dip the shrimp in the egg then the flour mixture and repeat the process.
- Almond flour
- Garlic and onion powder
- Salt and pepper
- Cooking spray
- Air Fryer
In conclusion, if you are looking for the perfect crispy shrimp recipe that won’t wreck your diet, be sure to give this recipe a try. This will for sure become a family favorite recipe!Print
Keto Air Fryer Shrimp & Sweet Chili Sauce
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4–5 servings 1x
- 1.5 lbs uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/3 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp parsley
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup powdered sweetener (Swerve or Monk Fruit)
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
Air Fryer Shrimp
- Preheat air fryer to 380 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, add the almond flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, parsley, and salt/pepper and mix together.
- In a small bowl, add the beaten egg.
- Dip each shrimp in the egg then the flour mixture. Place on a plate until all shrimp are completely coated.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray and add the shrimp in to where they are not touching (You may have to cook in 2 batches).
- Spray the top of the shrimp with cooking spray and set the air fryer to 380F and cook for 9-10 minutes making sure to flip the shrimp halfway through. Once flipped, spray the shrimp with another round of cooking spray.
Sweet Chili Sauce
- In a small sauce pan, add all of the sauce ingredients except the xanthan gum.
- Heat over medium/high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and add in the xanthan gum and stir until combined.
- Add to a jar and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- I usually use a 2 step process for coating my shrimp. However, if you want a thicker coating, feel free to double dip the shrimp. Dip the shrimp in the egg then the flour mixture and repeat the process.
- Nutrition is calculated without the sauce. It is for the shrimp ONLY.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Appetizer/Sauce/Entree
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Keto/Paleo
- Calories: 290
- Sugar: 1
- Sodium: 395
- Fat: 6
- Carbohydrates: 6
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 31
- Cholesterol: 219
Keywords: Air Fryer Shrimp, Air Fryer Shrimp, Keto, Whole30, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo
Could you substitute the xantham gum for something else?
YOu could use arrowroot or tapioca flour. You will need to use 1/2 tsp rather than 1/4 tsp.
A coconut version of this would be awesome!!
Hi!! Can I substitute the almond flour for gluten free flour?? Is there an adjustment I need to make?
I haven’t tested it this way, so I can’t give you a for sure answer. It should be fine to sub though.
Looks amazing! I’m doing the Whole30, what sauce would you recommend for dipping since the chili sauce is not compliant?
Any of my Majestic Sauces would be fabulous with this.
I don’t have an air frier. Will this work in the oven?
These shrimp seemed like a treat meal but they’re all healthy! We loved them! Thanks, Ashley!
Sorry, but this recipe does not work at all. I have followed it to a T and the breading will. not. stick. They fall apart in the air fryer. So disappointing.
Such a bummer it didn’t work for you. This recipe however is a BOMB and I stand by it 100%. This is one of my family and friends favorites!
It helps to completely dry your shrimp with paper towels before breading. It will help the breading stick. And make sure your air fryer is well greased.
I made this recipe tonight and it was fantastic! Both the sauce and the shrimp turned out perfectly and I can’t wait to make it again. My husband loved it and swears he hates it when I make recipes with almond flour (he couldn’t tell and I didn’t tell him… shhh!).
This is awesome to hear! Thank you Amanda!
So glad we tried this recipe! Delicious with tartar sauce or cocktail sauce.
Thank you! So happy to hear