These Hawaiian Chicken Lettuce Wraps are the perfect sweet and savory wrap that has a chicken breast drenched in homemade BBQ sauce, grilled pineapples, red onions and ranch coleslaw.
Hawaiian Chicken Lettuce Wrap
- 4 chicken breast
- 4 pineapple slices, grilled
- 4 large red onion slices
- 4 tbsp BBQ Sauce
- 8 butter lettuce leaves
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup homemade ranch
- splash of rice vinegar
- Heat a skillet over medium/high heat and preheat oven to 425F
- Add a 1 tbsp of olive or avocado oil to the skillet. Add the 4 chicken breast to the skillet and cook 4 minutes on each side then transfer the skillet to the oven and cook for an additional 10 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165 F.
- Add the 4 pineapple slices to a skillet or a grill. Heat until tender or until desired.
- In a medium bowl add the coleslaw mix along with the ranch dressing and mix together with a spoon.
- Clean lettuce and slice the red onion. Coat each chicken breast with the homemade BBQ sauce.
- Begin assembling the lettuce wraps be starting with a lettuce cup on the bottom and building with the chicken breast, ranch coleslaw, grilled pineapple, and the red onion. Top everything with another lettuce cup. You can also wrap each chicken wrap in parchment paper to hold everything together.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and turn on high speed and mix together for 30 seconds. Transfer BBQ sauce to a sauce pan and heat over low heat until warm (not boiling)
- Transfer to a mason jar and store in the fridge for up to 4 weeks.
- To a medium bowl add the coleslaw mix along with 1/4 cup ranch and a splash of white rice vinegar. Mix together with a spoon until well combined.
Click here for my ranch recipe
- Category: Appetizer, Main Dish