This DIY Hot Cocoa Bar will be the perfect addition to any holiday gathering or party. It includes hot cocoa mix and a ton of toppings such as marshmallows, crushed peppermints, milk chocolate, mint chocolate, peppermints, and cookies. If you are looking for ideas to impress the kiddos, build this bar on Christmas Eve and allow them to build their cup.
This post is sponsored by Walmart but all opinions remain mine.
Walmart of course saved the day with this beautiful board. I bought all of my toppings there and they were super reasonable along with this adorable wood tray, which was only $19.99. The best part, I can use the tray for decorations after clean-up. It’s a win, win.
Feel free to get creative with your toppings. Walmart has so many different options to choose from. I use my Walmart+ Membership and browse different ideas on their app and place an order. It’s delivered right to my door.I mean how convenient is that? Also, if my local Walmart doesn’t have the tray or different kitchen items I am looking for, I just place an order on their website and get free shipping. So if this specific tray isn’t in your store it is for sure in stock online.
Hot Chocolate Bar Toppings
- Hot cocoa mix
- Peppermints, curshed, and regular
- Cany Canes
- Crushed mint chocolate
- Snowball cookies
- Chocolate covered marshmallows
- Peppermint Hersey kisses
- Regular marshmallows
- Whipped cream
- Lindor Lindt white truffles
How To Build
Hot Cocoa Bar
- Build The Bar
Use a large tray or even build this on a table with craft paper underneath. Place the hot cocoa mix in a large bowl and place it in the middle of the tray or table. Begin placing all the ingredients around the hot cocoa.
- Personalize Your Cup
Warm-up water in a kettle or in a pot on the stove.
Place 2-4 tablespoons of hot cocoa mix in a cup along with hot water and topping of choice. Enjoy!
Tips & Tricks
I love adding in fresh greens and cranberries around the board. It gives it a festive feel for the holidays. You can also use crafter paper on a table and label each topping with a sharpie. The toppings on the bar give it just enough decor, so you don’t need to add much more.
Hot Chocolate Combinations
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- Peppermint Mocha Hot Chocolate
- White Chocolate Caramel Hot Chocolate
- Chocolate Mint Hot Chocolate
- Caramel Mocha Hot Chocolate
- Cookies and Cream Hot Chocolate
More Holiday Ideas
Shop Hot Cocoa Bar Post
Below are some of my favorite reasonable hosting items from Walmart along with everything I use for my Hot Cocoa Charcuterie Board.
A beautiful and festive DIY Hot Cocoa Bar that is sure to please a crowd! It’s filled with cocoa mix, marshmallows, crushed peppermints, milk chocolate, mint chocolate, peppermints, and cookies. Each guest can build their own personal cup of hot chocolate.
- 10 candy canes
- Handful peppermints
- Handful peppermint Hersey kisses
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermints
- 1/4 cup crushed mint chocolate
- Handful marshmallows
- 1 cup chocolate-covered marshmallows
- 3 hazelnut chocolate bars
- 10 pirouettes
- 10 Lindt Lindor white chocolate truffles
- 10 snowball cookies
- 2 cups hot cocoa mix
- hot water or warm milk
- whipped topping
- Use a large tray or even build this on a table with craft paper underneath.
- Place the hot cocoa mix in a large bowl and place it in the middle of the tray or table.
- Begin placing all the ingredients around the hot cocoa.
- Warm-up water in a kettle or in a pot on the stove.
- Place 2-4 tablespoons of hot cocoa mix to a cup along with hot water and topping of choice.
Place the water or milk in a crockpot and turn on warm or on low if you need to keep the water hot for a long period of time.
- Category: Drinks/Appetizers
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: diy hot cocoa bar, hot coca toppings, Christmas, hot cocoa ideas, hot cocoa