Creamy Lemon Chicken Skillet
Busy life and eating healthy can sometimes be hard when you combine the two. One skillet meals always come in VERY handy on busy weeknights at my house. Not only are they delicious, but clean up is a breeze, which makes this busy momma one happy lady. Eating healthy doesn’t have to be boring or taste bland. This Creamy Lemon Chicken Skillet is such a comforting dish that the whole family will love.
This creamy and decadent dish is Whole30 and Paleo compliant and is also gluten and dairy-free. Instead of using regular flour or corn starch as the thickening agent, I use tapioca flour (arrowroot powder is a great choice too) which is a great alternative and serves the same purpose in a healthier way. The key to making your sauce creamy is adding 1 tbsp. of tapioca flour to 2 tbsp. water and mix together. Once combined, add this mixture to the sauce to make it smooth and thick. This technique will allow for little to no chunky pieces. Topping this dish off with fresh green beans gives it a great flavor, texture and crunch.
This creamy chicken is delicious served over cauliflower rice or with a plain side salad. If you are not living the Paleo lifestyle, feel free to add in a pasta of your choice. This dish can been tailored to fit your families needs. Anyway you choose to eat it, you will love it. Don’t stress this week about making a fancy dinner. This dish can be ready in no time and will be a crowd pleaser on those busy and hectic evenings!
- 6 chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups of fresh green beans
- 1 tbsp of tapioca OR arrowroot flour (for thickening)
- 1 1/2 Lemons (juiced)
- Lemon zest
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1–2 clove of garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp garlic and herb seasoning from @primalpalate (Sub 1/2 tsp oregano and 1/2 tsp garlic powder if you don’t have Primal Palate’s seasoning)
- 1 tsp of ghee
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Chopped fresh parsley (garnish)
- Heat your ghee in the skillet over medium heat. Add your chicken breast and minced garlic once the pan is hot.
- Cook chicken evenly on each side. Cook 5-6 minutes on each side or until juice runs clear.
- Remove your chicken from the pan, leaving the minced garlic. Add your chicken broth, lemon juice, coconut milk and salt and pepper.
- Mix together 1 tbsp. of arrowroot OR tapioca flour with 2 tbsp. of water. Add this mixture to sauce and whisk around with a fork until thick.
- Add your chicken and green beans back to sauce and let simmer for 4-5 minutes and serve with lemon zest and fresh parsley on top.
Click here for the tapioca flour that I use.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Dish, Sauce
- Cuisine: Chicken
Welcome to Healthy Little Peach. I’m Mac, the lady behind the recipes. I believe in living a healthy lifestyle that consists of a mix of healthy whole foods, and full-fat comfort meals. Life is too short not to enjoy good food while maintaining a healthy body and mind. Here you will find gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo, keto, and even full-fat comfort recipes. Let’s have fun in the kitchen together!