10-Minute Cranberry Jalapeno Dip
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
What Makes This Recipe Great
My newest recipe, cranberry jalapeno dip is a creamy, sweet, and spicy dairy free dip that is simply out of this world. Dairy free cream cheese whipped with green onions, red onions, jalapenos, and lime juice and then smothered in a sweet cranberry sauce mixture. A dip so perfect, you might want to make a double batch!
I love when my family and friends gather together, especially during the holiday season. It’s such a fun, festive season, full of delicious food and so much fun. In my opinion, it’s not a party unless there are amazing, shareable dips that everyone will love.
If you’re looking for the perfect holiday dip, this dairy free cream cheese dip is it! With simple ingredients, there’s no need to chop cranberries or caramelize the onions in olive oil. Simply whip the cream cheese mixture, pour over the cranberry sauce, and serve with your favorite bread or crackers!
Cream Cheese: I used KiteHill dairy free cream cheese, which has a great taste. Let it sit out and get to room temperature as softened cream cheese will work best for this recipe.
Jalapeños: Remove the seeds and dice finely.
Salt and Pepper: Use this to taste.
Lime: Freshly squeezed lime juice works best for this cranberry jalapeno dip, but a bottle of lime juice will work in a pinch.
Green & Red Onions: Chop the green onions, plus more for garnish. Dice the red onions finely.
Canned Cranberry Sauce: Use a can that includes whole berries. See the ingredients photo for the can I used. If you want to make homemade cranberry sauce out of fresh cranberries you can, but a can works just fine.
Recipe Step by Step
1. Bring the cream cheese to room temperature then whip using a handheld mixer, getting a nice whipped cream cheese texture. Next, add the garlic powder, salt, pepper, lime juice, diced jalapeños, and diced green and red onions. Mix until combined.
2. Add the cream cheese mixture to a serving bowl.
3. Add the cranberry sauce to a bowl and mix it together. Pour the cranberry mixture over the top of the cream cheese.
4. Garnish with green onions and serve with the crackers of your choice.
Serving: Serve this dairy free dip with your favorite crackers, pretzels, pita chips, potato chips, baguette, and more.
Storage: Store in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Dairy: You can also use regular cream cheese if you are not dairy free.
Gluten-Free: To keep this gluten-free, I love using Simple Mills rosemary or regular sea salt crackers for dipping.
Food Processor: You can use a food processor instead of a hand mixer if preferred.
Make Ahead: This cranberry jalapeno dip will keep for 3-4 days in the refrigerator, making it the perfect make-ahead appetizer. Prep a day or two before your gathering and refrigerate until you’re ready to serve it.
Yes! Here’s my Whole30 and Paleo cranberry sauce recipe if you prefer to make it homemade.
It has a kick, but it’s not too spicy. The cream cheese cuts the spice really well. Removing the seeds from the jalapeno really helps remove some spice as well. If you have a mild tolerance for spice, you can use half of the amount of jalapeno. If you’d like it spicier, use more.
Absolutely. If you don’t need this to be dairy free dip and want to use regular cream cheese, feel free. I always prefer Philadelphia plain cream cheese, but use your favorite brand.
More Delicious Dairy Free Dip Recipes…
- 2 8 oz containers dairy-free cream cheese I used KiteHill.
- 2 jalapeños seeds removed and finely diced
- 2-3 Tbsp finely diced red onion
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions plus more for garnish
- 1 14 oz can cranberry sauce with whole berries
- 1. Bring the cream cheese to room temp then whip using handheld mixer. Next add the garlic powder, salt, pepper, lime juice, diced jalapeños, diced green and red onions. Mix until combined.2. Add the cream cheese mixture to a serving bowl.3. Add the cranberry sauce to a bowl and mix it together. Add this sauce over the top of the cream cheese mixture.4. Garnish with green onions and serve with the crackers of your choice.5. Last in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.