Chocolate Crunch® Cupcakes with Buttercream
Published Aug 02, 2020
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Cupcakes are always a good idea, especially my NEW Chocolate Crunch® Cupcakes with Buttercream. These super moist chocolate cupcakes topped with buttercream frosting and crushed Crunch® Fun Size bars and drizzled with chocolate and caramel will leave everyone running back for more.
This post was sponsored by Ferrero, but all opinions remain my own.
I have a secret when it comes to making super moist and delectable cupcakes…..box cake mix. That’s right! Combining a box cake mix with some instant chocolate pudding along with a few other ingredients gives it a real life bakery taste and feel. Not to mention, the crushed Crunch Fun Size bars I added to the batter. Did you know these bars are perfect for baking and have 100% real chocolate and crisped rice? It added so much flavor and texture to the finished product. You can order Crunch Fun Size bars and the other ingredients on Walmart Pick Up and Delivery.
Ingredients you will need:
- Devils Food Cake Mix
- Crunch Fun Size bars
- Chocolate Instant Pudding Mix
- Sour Cream
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Vegetable shortening
- Canola oil
- Chocolate sauce
- Caramel sauce
- Always allow the cupcake to completely cool before icing. This will insure that the warm cupcake won’t melt the icing.
- Adding sour cream along with dry pudding mix to the batter makes the cupcakes insanely moist.
- Don’t over mix the batter. Simply mix until JUST combined.
- Fill each muffin liner with 3 tbsp. or an ice cream scoop of batter. Be sure to NOT to overfill.
In conclusion, if you are looking for the perfect dessert recipe for any occasion or celebration, give this recipe a try. It is super easy to make and will leave everyone satisfied.Print
Chocolate Crunch Cupcakes with Buttercream
Cupcakes are always a good idea, especially my NEW Chocolate Crunch Cupcakes with Buttercream. These super moist chocolate cupcakes topped with buttercream frosting and crushed Nestle Crunch Bars and drizzled with chocolate and caramel will leave everyone running back for more.
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 18–20 cupcakes 1x
Chocolate Crunch Cupcake
- 15 ounce box devil’s food cake mix
- 3.9 ounce box instant chocolate pudding (dry)
- 4 Crunch® Fun Size Bars, crushed
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 cups butter, unsalted
- 1/2 cup all vegetable shortening (I use Spectrum)
- 5 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce (for drizzle)
- 1/4 cup chocolate sauce (for drizzle)
- 3 Crunch® Fun Size Bars, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line muffin tin with paper liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, or with a hand mixer in a large bowl, beat together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, eggs, vanilla and water mixture.
- Beat for about two minutes on medium/high speed until well combined.
- Fold in Crunch Fun Size bars with a spatula
- Using a large cookie scoop, distribute the batter into the muffin liners; about 3 tablespoons of batter per liner. Will make around 18-20 cupcakes.
- Bake the cupcakes for 18-22 minutes or until the tops of the cakes spring back when lightly touched.
- Allow cupcakes to cool inside muffin tins for about 10 minutes.
- Remove cupcakes from muffin tins and allow to fully cool on a wire rack, around 30 minutes.
- In a stand mixer, add the butter and the vegetable shortening. Beat together on medium speed until combined and fluffy.
- Slowly add the vanilla extract along with the powdered sugar.
- Beat together for 40 seconds or until fluffy and stiff.
- Once the cupcakes are cool, ice and drizzle with chocolate sauce, caramel sauce and crushed Crunch® Fun Size bars.
- For the piping, I used the number 22 Star tip.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Desset
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Cupcakes, Chocolate Cupcake, Buttercream, Dessert